FORS

fuse:
Another money maker the mafia say you will have to have or you don’t work, I think loads will just get them on the nod. If the haulier has a CPC , an operators licence ,the driver has cpc ,and the other rubbish I can not see a need for it other than to make money . It is time the gov stopped all this and just used EU law and construction and use ect ect

Couldn’t agree more. The EPIC card thing was bad enough. Complete ■■■■■■■■, half the course was about delivering asphalt when nobody on the course drove a tipper capable of carrying the stuff. Waste of bloody time.

jeezus, and i thought some sites were getting bad when they insisted on us having CPCS cards!! I did mine when i worked for Euromix on the agency, and have only EVER been asked for the card once!! :laughing: :laughing:

another load of horlocks brought in to keep us paying the man…

B…

b*llocks to cpcs and to fors got enough paper work to do why make more :unamused:

Fors so far has cost me nothing except for 2 hrs a yr on the last day before Christmas for the audit ,and I’ve gained many good easy jobs from being Fors registed sometimes it’s a cardboard box or just one pallet paying full rate and these small items have gone with other loads ,so if you think it’s a load of rubbish or waste of time then crack on with out Fors or CPCS ect and leave the easy money for me .

What do you have to do for the audit then, Dan?

We at Swains are now FORS Gold. It is a great thing to have behind you. However with 295 vehicles in our last audit, our annual subscription is over £2000.

If anyone needs any help I can see what I can do

it sounds to me like a resurrection of all that british standards rubbish that did the rounds and died the death in the 80s . more of the normally unemployable idiots being payed by the haulage industry .

rigsby:
it sounds to me like a resurrection of all that british standards rubbish that did the rounds and died the death in the 80s . more of the normally unemployable idiots being payed by the haulage industry .

+1. Totally. I remember that bloody kite mark rubbish when it was in vogue, threats of never been able to work in the business if the company wasn’t accredited, shiny kitemark badges adorning trucks and trailers. Waste of time and money.

theonlybigman:
We at Swains are now FORS Gold. It is a great thing to have behind you. However with 295 vehicles in our last audit, our annual subscription is over £2000.

I see most of yours have cameras n/s and o/s, even Euro 6, that must cost? Do your other depots have them?

All our trucks have n/side o/side and front cameras with recorders on all depots, we have 20 new 15 plate Daf cf 6x2 units with Euro 6 at Rochester, not cheap you are right but worth it

How is Euro6 worth it?

A complete waste of time to make a bunch of unemployable ■■■■ wits justify there salary.
Surely if you meet the o licence standards that should be enough.
The FORD sites should look at spending a bit of money employing staff that speak English than worry have you got the right stickers on your lorry.

Too early to tell about Euro 6 give it 3 months I will let you know

theonlybigman:

Looking at the list of some of those with gold, it can’t be that hard to get though lol

Seany:

theonlybigman:

Looking at the list of some of those with gold, it can’t be that hard to get though lol

Spot on I know half a dozen tipper firms with it who’s drivers shouldn’t be let loose on a skateboard let alone a lorry and have squashed more than there fair share of cyclists.
Just a pure box ticking exersize

Muckaway:
How is Euro6 worth it?

I don’t know. I’ve had mine for 6 weeks now, it’s got the same engine as my old Euro5 (well 410 instead of 420). So far I’m averaging 8.5 mpg on the new one, and even after the gearbox update debacle I was getting 9mpg average in the old girl.

Adblue-wise, 40 litres would last 4 5 day weeks. Now I’m only getting 2 5 day weeks out of the new one.

My new motor is a smashing wagon, I love it, it’s as near perfect a tool for my job, as we could make it. But ■■■■ me the figures for it make me weep. Even the new Manitou on the back uses £30 of diesel a week, the old one would get by on £20!

Another cost another pointless load of shyite in my view

Does FORS stop the 8 legger tippers driving in London like complete ■■■■ cos they know the roads like a London Cabbie… not what ive seen it dont :unamused:

widget:
Does FORS stop the 8 legger tippers driving in London like complete ■■■■ cos they know the roads like a London Cabbie… not what ive seen it dont :unamused:

No it doesn’t, nor does it stop that happening anywhere. A mate of mine at Earthline has only been there about two months, got a 64 reg Scania and has now been left on the same job in the centre of Oxford due to FORS regs and some rule in Oxford about having all the related junk on the wagons. The subbies they use are better off as they are on better jobs, as are drivers of vehicles older than 63 reg (no cycle friendly nonsense).
These operators are like most drivers, they wont stand together and say “no” to this sort of nonsense.

Muckaway:

widget:

No it doesn’t, nor does it stop that happening anywhere. A mate of mine at Earthline has only been there about two months, got a 64 reg Scania and has now been left on the same job in the centre of Oxford due to FORS regs and some rule in Oxford about having all the related junk on the wagons. The subbies they use are better off as they are on better jobs, as are drivers of vehicles older than 63 reg (no cycle friendly nonsense).
These operators are like most drivers, they wont stand together and say “no” to this sort of nonsense.

I get similar cos my motor is euro5 … but not FORS… I get most of the city runs whilst the subbies get all the cushy runs… Does FORS make you drive any different or am I missing the point ( which is highly likely :wink: )