FORS pointless crieteria

So today I got in my truck and drove. No surprise there obviously.

After a while I wondered what this random noise was. Then I noticed it was only happening when I was indicating where there was objects on my left/right (like street furniture when turning left etc) then I clicked…

“WARNING THIS VEHICLE IS TURNING LEFT” :unamused:

So apparently according to the gaffer it’s something to do with FORS and while he’s “not bothered” about it apparently it’s something we’ve got to do because everyone is doing it and sone customers may request it.

So what other criteria are there?

toonsy:

After a while I wondered what this random noise was. Then I noticed it was only happening when I was indicating where there was objects on my left/right (like street furniture when turning left etc) then I clicked…

So apparently according to the gaffer it’s something to do with FORS and while he’s “not bothered” about it apparently it’s something we’ve got to do because everyone is doing it and sone customers may request it.

Stupid bike ride to see everything from a bikers view. Tests. Thats all i know as its what i have been told.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

toonsy:

Cameras all over the place,nearside proximity sensor (if you think the audible left hand indicator gets on your nerves),stupid push bike course,fall arrest gubbins blah blah blah. And wait until CLOCS gets going,you’ll be driving a converted dustcart…

The whole things pointless until they start training the Lycra clad brigade to stop riding under the wheels of wagons. It’s just cost our mob £1200 for our yearly audit and renewal so as you can see it’s a nice little earner for all the bottom feeders that inhabit this part of the industry. £1200 for an ex- bus driver now re-trained to be FORs approved auditor to waste a whole day with our compliance manager and workshop manager! You couldn’t make it up!

Another scheme that firms have just rolled over and sucked up,
Thank god I don’t work where this stuff is implemented…

double post

yorkshire terrier:

Don’t pray to much it soon will be mate!

Unfortuneately the firms have only themselves to blame. If they all held together and all said no it would of been a non starter, but theyv brought into it and now theres no going back.

As if, operators licensing, compliance, tm cpc, drivers cpc, driving tests wasnt enough.

Surely the above should suffice.

Everyones bent anyway, a daily read of CM confirms this.

And whilst not trying to go over old topics gentlepeople,surely Euro stupidity cannot be held guilty for this kind of crap.Homegrown rules and regulations I`m afraid.As were hi viz,helmets,steel capped boots.Only 2 nations doing the cpc are UK and Irl I believe?

Nobby_Clarke:

toonsy:

Cameras all over the place,nearside proximity sensor (if you think the audible left hand indicator gets on your nerves),stupid push bike course,fall arrest gubbins blah blah blah. And wait until CLOCS gets going,you’ll be driving a converted dustcart…

We ain’t got none of that…and we’re in fors.
All I did was watch videos for an afternoon

commonrail:

Nobby_Clarke:

toonsy:

You must be Fors “bronze” then you need to ■■■■ up to more bull crap to get “silver” then your firm must bend over let the Lycra cyclists tell your firm how to drive,have cameras everywhere and bleepers to achieve the “gold” standard, :open_mouth: I think that’s how it works anyway :smiley: :smiley:

We ain’t got none of that…and we’re in fors.
All I did was watch videos for an afternoon

yorkshire terrier:

I do.