FORS accreditation and gaining

Hi folks, was just wandering if anyone out there had been involved in gaining, or knew a bit of background regards gaining FORS. Iv lost touch a little with it having not worked with for so long, but am attending an internal meeting regards it. Was hoping to be armed with a few criteria, pitfalls, differences in going from bronze - silver, silver - gold etc , differences and allowances between each band etc. thanks in advance

Rather you than me mate :laughing: There’s enough to deal with already DVSA, OTC, regular audits etc, without adding the FORS BS. Do you really need it? Do you go in and out of London?

Word of advice, very topical for me this past month: FORS state you should do 6 monthly licence checks, DVSA are saying 3 monthly, so “FORS Standard Ver 6.0” ain’t all it’s cracked up to be.

I can recommend a good Safe Urban Driving practical and theory trainer if that’s of any use? I believe he not averse to a bit of travel, even though he’s based in the North-east.

Essential for FORS Silver, becoming increasingly common with FORS Bronze, still as unpopular as ever with the drivers though :laughing:

Worth noting that ER is now competing more aggressively with FORS.

This would probably be better off in the Owners & Operators forum

With all the crap you have to do to be even able to drive a lorry in London I’m surprised anyone is willing to still deliver stuff there especially as there’s plenty of work outside of the place. You’re looking at 4 figures just to kit a vehicle out with the cameras, screens and proximity detectors required to be able to set foot inside the M25 and all for the privilege of being able to see your profit being thrown away in the overtime you have to pay for the time it takes to move anywhere and the parking fines you end up getting for where you have to stop to unload.