Formula services

Got a couple of nights in and around the Chester area next week , very rarely do work around that area , just wondering anyone here stayed there , seems to have good reviews and even mention of a gym onsite .
Any info will be very welcome
Thanks , or anywhere else decent in and around Chester .

Many years ago I recall a 24 hr.cafe at Dunkirk on the old road parallel with the M56.
I suppose it closed a long time back like all the other transport cafes i remember.

Formula truck stop…one of the best truck stops in the UK…HTH

RIPPER:

This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

msgyorkie:

RIPPER:

This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Another vote for it and it has a fuel dump for UK Keys and AS 24

Yeah we stopped there on our way back from Anglesey the other week - very good and the food is excellent. Their fuel pumps also accept Keyfuels cards…

Dave

RIPPER:

Shows how terrible facilities are in the UK.

It’s ok, food is mostly edible frozen stuff, showers are clean and hot which is the bare minimum really.

The have the largest toilets I’ve ever seen, I’m not sure if that’s good or not.

Never been in, but if the toilets are large enough that you don’t have to stand on or straddle the bloody pan to be able to shut the door behind you that can only be a good thing.

Juddian:
Never been in, but if the toilets are large enough that you don’t have to stand on or straddle the bloody pan to be able to shut the door behind you that can only be a good thing.

No, the pan itself is huge. As if made for massive fatties.

TheUncaringCowboy:

Juddian:

No, the pan itself is huge. As if made for massive fatties.

Well, it is a truckstop…