Form SL1

This is it:

direct.gov.uk/prod_consum_dg … 066653.pdf

I was talking to a chap in the pub the other night (just half a shandy on a warm evening for me) and he has received one of these from DVLA and is a bit concerned, he was stopped by the law in the middle of the night about three weeks ago and after checking everything was okay (tacho etc) they readied to depart when one plod came back and said that they would have to report this to DVLA because they think he was tired. This form arrived a few days ago, this guy is not being treated by the hospital for anything at all on the list, it mentions “About this condition” he has neither Narcolepsy or Sleep Apnoea Syndrome, he says he was fully aware of the law following him and was wide awake, now he is bricking it because he thinks they will just remove his ticket.
I have told him to fill it in with all the details he can and put in a covering letter stating he is not diagnosed nor does he suffer from any condition on the form, they will contact his GP anyway to confirm this but he can’t understand why he has been sent this form in the first place.

Are plod getting over zealous in these times of proving their own worth?

I told him I would ask on here but really I do not think he should worry too much about it.

Anyone else had similar?

Nope, but my advice is - fill in parts A&B and the consent from. Send it off (without a stamp) and forget it…

It seems a bit like asking “have you stopped beating your wife?”, a fishing expidition :confused:

I can’t imagine you’re legally obliged to fill that form out.
If it was sent to me, I would write to them and ask why it has been sent.