Form an Orderly Queue.

This is the biggie you’ve all been waiting for. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Job Title LGV CLASS 2 DRIVER

Location COWDENBEATH, FIFE
Hours 40 PER WEEK MONDAY TO FRIDAY, 8AM -4.30PM
Wage £5.80 PER HOUR
Work Pattern Days
Employer Pentre Packaging
Pension No details held

Duration PERMANENT ONLY

Description
Must have a Class 2 licence. Duties include delivering within the local area. Will be training for a month and after that hours change to Wednesday- Friday 8.30am -4pm and Saturday - Sunday 8am -2pm.

Thought April 1st had been and gone. :open_mouth:

Is that even minimum wage?? Thought it was £5.85■■ That job will go to a newly passed young driver whom has to take what he/she can… The cheek of them…

I’ll take it :open_mouth: it’s better than the offers I’ve had.

scottishcruiser:
Is that even minimum wage?? Thought it was £5.85■■

It’s currently £5.52, will go up to £5.73 in October.

will anyone own up on here to having pay that low…cos i bet there may be 1 or 2 drivers on that amount

MADBAZ:
I’ll take it :open_mouth: it’s better than the offers I’ve had.

My place is always taking drivers on joda freight.

Must be an 18-tonne R620 Longline curtainsider :wink:

Mr B:

Without wanting to diss Joda,as I’ve never worked for them,I was talking to a lad recently,who used to work there,and shall we say,didn’t give them a favourable report.

He said one of the owners was ok,but the other was a total ■■■■■■.

Ken.

Quinny:

Mr B:

Without wanting to diss Joda,as I’ve never worked for them,I was talking to a lad recently,who used to work there,and shall we say,didn’t give them a favourable report.

He said one of the owners was ok,but the other was a total ■■■■■■.

Ken.

Sounds like a fair assessment for me its a foot in the door job, its tough getting the first job. The guys i’ve spoken to say its no worse than many places but better than many.

Roger Breaker:

Gotta wonder wether the types who persistently snipe at decent motors or drivers with decent kit are really just bitter :wink: Flash wagon doesn’t mean crap pay.

I wouldn’t take that job no matter how desperate I was for a ‘foot in the door’. You can drive vans for more than that and not work weekends and you don’t have the added responsibility of tacho’s and hgv regulation. Getting a first job can be tough but it’'d be insanity to take that.

Kiowan:

Roger Breaker:

Gotta wonder wether the types who persistently snipe at decent motors or drivers with decent kit are really just bitter

You misunderstood, i wasn’t sniping at all, i meant it’d have to be a motor like that for there to be anything at all desirable about the job. And as for ‘persistently’, my posts are all on view on the forum search, you’re welcome to look at how persistent i am! :wink:

you’ve got to wonder though how many haulage firms would rather invest in the trucks than the driver

Mr B:
you’ve got to wonder though how many haulage firms would rather invest in the trucks than the driver

Some would rather do neither… pay [sb] wages, and run ancient pieces of [zb] British Bakeries leaps majestically to mind.

allikat:

Mr B:

Some would rather do neither… pay [sb] wages, and run ancient pieces of [zb] British Bakeries leaps majestically to mind.

i can agree with that. i did some work for them (the wages was ok it was on agency) but the wagon was a pile of poop! a p reg daf with no ciggie lighter in for tomtom, no heater (it didnt work and if you turned the dial it popped out) but the rear looking camera did work (pretty much when it wanted to, sometimes even letting me see the road behind whizing past at 56mph with out the need to press a button. it got a bit spooky in the dark, it was like a scene from poltergeist… there here!)

all the staff were ok and helpfull though!

So who’s going to apply for this job then? Easy; as another poster has said, a newly qualified driver who needs to get a year or two under his belt. Wage is rubbish I agree, but if he’s got a wife and kids he can top it up with whatever allowances are available.

We’ve got a guy at our place like this; although overtime is available he reckons he can’t work it without actually being financially WORSE off . Mind you he is half Scouser so that might just be an excuse! :wink:

In places like this firm, my guess is that the driver’s no more highly regarded than the bloke who sweeps the floor, and probably earns the same. I’ve done work for packaging firms before, never yet found one where the staff are either well-paid or happy.

gnasty gnome:
So who’s going to apply for this job then? Easy; as another poster has said, a newly qualified driver who needs to get a year or two under his belt. Wage is rubbish I agree, but if he’s got a wife and kids he can top it up with whatever allowances are available.

We’ve got a guy at our place like this; although overtime is available he reckons he can’t work it without actually being financially WORSE off . Mind you he is half Scouser so that might just be an excuse! :wink:

In places like this firm, my guess is that the driver’s no more highly regarded than the bloke who sweeps the floor, and probably earns the same. I’ve done work for packaging firms before, never yet found one where the staff are either well-paid or happy.

me ive already applied .but at the interview they wanted me to supply my own brush ,though a jobs a job .class2 driver minimum wage, this countrey ■■■■■