Form an orderly queue…

I was going through my daily email from Indeed and my attention was drawn to a vacancy for a C+E driver in Warrington for GXO Logistics which makes a big issue of “weekends off!” for the princely rate of £11.47 per hour
My immediate thought was “good luck with that one” then it struck me that it just illustrates the steadfast refusal by big logistics clowns to accept the new reality, either that or they’re just trying it on

bigdave789:
I was going through my daily email from Indeed and my attention was drawn to a vacancy for a C+E driver in Warrington for GXO Logistics which makes a big issue of “weekends off!” for the princely rate of £11.47 per hour
My immediate thought was “good luck with that one” then it struck me that it just illustrates the steadfast refusal by big logistics clowns to accept the new reality, either that or they’re just trying it on

The business…

Model that thay have based their ‘logistics’ costs and profits on, relies on the lowest wage than can get away with. Up until now, it’s worked well for them.

Now dey scroooed. :smiley:

There seeking class 2 in Trafford park greenking hotels. 4 days.a Week. Overtime on days off at £240 a day. That’s overtime rate doesn’t mention normal rates
Just earn up xxxx amount
Think I heard it’s new name for xpo?

edd1974:
There seeking class 2 in Trafford park greenking hotels. 4 days.a Week. Overtime on days off at £240 a day. That’s overtime rate doesn’t mention normal rates
Just earn up xxxx amount
Think I heard it’s new name for xpo

You’re absolutely correct, GXO is the new name for the XPO Logistics business, it’s been split off to form a separate company
I thought this was just the drinks logistics business they acquired from Kuehne & Nagel last year for a still undisclosed sum and very quickly discovered they’d got their hands on a real crock of shine, a black hole for pouring money into, so an exit strategy was quickly cooked up so when the time finally came for the Yanks to cut and run, which they have a long tradition of (Vietnam, Iraq, Afghanistan) once they finally realised that this really was a dog with fleas that wouldn’t make dollar one, they would simply put GXO into liquidation and not damage the XPO brand
However it’s a worldwide strategy including the USA operations which is a big deal so I’m told