Forklift Drivers Vs Class 1 or 2 Drivers

Hi,

Anyone a forklift driver how does it compare with a class 1 or 2 driver?

Thanks.

In what way do you mean :question:

Given that forklift trucks aren’t allowed on motorways and you don’t often see artics racing round inside warehouses or factories, how would you compare them :confused:

No offence intended mate but if you have to ask that question you should probably go for a job as a forklift truck driver rather than an LGV driver :wink:

Forklift drivers get treated better, get an easier life and are probably paid as much if not more too.

Braveheart2009:
Hi,

Anyone a forklift driver how does it compare with a class 1 or 2 driver?

Thanks.

as an flt driver, you know what time your going home. if you need a pee you just go to the loos. you can wash your hands after as well.
more often than not there is a staff canteen. you get to treat lgv drivers like lepers.
downsides. your stuck in side that warehouse for 12hrs with alot of people you may not like. the money can be rubbish. you never get to see what the weathers like outside.
as a lgv driver. once you drive outside them gates your pretty much your own boss. you can listen to whatever radio station you want. have the air-con on what ever level you want. you get to see the seasons. you dont have to spend 12hs listening to some prat/team leader tell you what to do.
downsides. you never know what time your going to finish. you always get treated like scum. and have to put up with prick like flt drivers.

I think the benefits of being a forklift driver are better as especially in Scotland the weather is disasterous yeah you get the lesuire of working with other speak to people to keep you going all day. I wouldn’t like to be completely alone. The boss usually sits in his wee cabin playing ps3 and watching ■■■■.

Also, the costs to become a Forklift driver is a hellava lot less I got a certified 5 day course for 300 with ILA funding which i can get 200 which means I only pay 100 smackers rather than 1500 doing LGV and its seems less complex and more safe than belting trucks 100mpgh down a village road.

If FLT drivers were that clever then they would know how to move a simple sliding pillar rather than having to drag me out of my cab in the pouring rain to do it for them. ■■■■■ :imp:

Oh and another thing…
Do you remember the board game “OPERATION” when you were a kid? You know, where you had to take a bone out of a patient without waking him up?
Well FLT drivers have a similar game where they have to do as much damage to a truck/trailer as possible without waking up the driver up who is asleep on his bunk…
100 points: Scraped wheel trim
250 points: damaged paintwork
750 points: Torn curtain.
:imp: :imp: :imp:

Warren T. Claim:
Well FLT drivers have a similar game where they have to do as much damage to a truck/trailer as possible without waking up the driver up who is asleep on his bunk…

Warren T. Claim:
If FLT drivers were that clever then they would know how to move a simple sliding pillar rather than having to drag me out of my cab in the pouring rain to do it for them.

Seems to be a contradiction here…

ROG:

Warren T. Claim:

Warren T. Claim:
If FLT drivers were that clever then they would know how to move a simple sliding pillar rather than having to drag me out of my cab in the pouring rain to do it for them.

Seems to be a contradiction here…

They knew I was awake!

Warren T. Claim:
If FLT drivers were that clever then they would know how to move a simple sliding pillar rather than having to drag me out of my cab in the pouring rain to do it for them. [zb] :imp:

Strangely enough I always considered that to be part of the drivers job just as pulling the curtains back is part of the drivers job.
Granted some forkies will move the post but I wouldn’t have thought it was really their job to do so unless that’s what they’ve been told to do as part of their job.

a FLT driver should never touch the lorry, they should always ask the driver to do it… unless the H&S officer has trained them to safely move the post and they have the agrement of the lorry owner incase of damamge :unamused: :laughing:

Warren T. Claim:
If FLT drivers were that clever then they would know how to move a simple sliding pillar rather than having to drag me out of my cab in the pouring rain to do it for them. [zb] :imp:

since when have flt drivers been trained and given instruction to operate/handle your trailer?

Being a forkie is pretty good,its a good way to learn logistics from a ground up level before you make your way to hgv/driving,like others have said its also a cheap skill to gain