Forign tractor units

polytrotter:
You ever been to Belgium [emoji54][emoji54][emoji54]

Ironically I can remember the state of the motorway between Lille and Aachen and the massive amount of roadworks needed to fix it .Then they imposed the truck toll to pay for it.

Carryfast:

switchlogic:
How on earth does your brain contain so much pointless nonsense

Bearing in mind the topic,
the discussion as to why 44t on 6 axles is better than 40t on 5 axles, unless you want to chuck money away on strengthening and repairing roads, isn’t ‘pointless’ at all.
You obviously don’t understand the relationship between axle weights and road damage.The OP asked the question.

You missed the point. I simply don’t see a reason to fill my mind with pointless stuff and have opinions that don’t even remotely affect me about things I have absolutely no control of. Yet your entire mind seems the opposite and filled with stuff that has no relation to your life in any way at all. You don’t have the balls to do anything about your opinions, ie get into politics, so yeah, they are pointless. I’ve said before that pointed in the right direction and given a bit of get up and go which you lack your life could be very fulfilling, for you and others

switchlogic:
You missed the point. I simply don’t see a reason to fill my mind with pointless stuff and have opinions that don’t even remotely affect me about things I have absolutely no control of.

So why bother commenting on a topic, which is asking the question, regarding the difference between UK spec 3 axle tractor units v their 2 axle euro counterparts, if that’s all you have to contribute to it.

Carryfast:

polytrotter:

Ironically I can remember the state of the motorway between Lille and Aachen and the massive amount of roadworks needed to fix it .
Then they imposed the truck toll to pay for it

The Vignette was a toll tax created by the Benelux Countries, the Scandinavian countries and Germany
absolutely SOD ALL to do with road repairs !!!

pierrot 14:

Carryfast:

polytrotter:

Ironically I can remember the state of the motorway between Lille and Aachen and the massive amount of roadworks needed to fix it .

The Vignette was a toll tax created by the Benelux Countries, the Scandinavian countries and Germany
absolutely SOD ALL to do with road repairs !!!

Belgium had no truck tolls before 2016.
Notwithstanding all the eco bs road damage is the largest cost of European road transport at 58 bn Euros. Not surprised with 40-44t on 5 axles.

transportenvironment.org/dis … -revealed/

Carryfast:

pierrot 14:

Carryfast:

polytrotter:

absolutely SOD ALL to do with road repairs !! !

Belgium had no truck tolls before 2016.
Notwithstanding all the eco bs road damage is the largest cost of European road transport at 58 bn Euros. Not surprised with 40-44t on 5 axles.

transportenvironment.org/dis … -revealed/

You know absolutely Jack[zb] CF
Look back to what I said above, in BOLD< to help you ^^^^
Belgium , part of the BE. NE. LUX. countries !!

If you were going into that zone covered by this vignette, which was paper,
travelling from the UK, you would normally buy it at the tunnel or maybe Ashford truckstop or in Dover.
or croming from France, at most border crossings,
bureau de tabac/bars had the machines.
And I’m talking about way, way, way before 2016.

13 tonne drive axles, 50 tonne gross carried on 5 axles and nobody has died.

pierrot 14:

travelling from the UK, you would normally buy it at the tunnel or maybe Ashford truckstop or in Dover.

It’s clear that the system introduced in 2016 was a massive increase in the AMOUNT charged for using Belgium’s roads mostly to pay for road damage.
The Belgian motorways were smashed by truck traffic avoiding the French peage system.
You’re comparing apples with oranges and telling that I’m wrong based on hat bs comparison.

Wheel Nut:

Why bother with all the expense of having brakes on all axles of a 6 or 8 wheeler.

At best it’s a false economy of more road costs which government’s then use as a pretext to hit the industry with more tax.

pierrot 14:

Good lord I’d forgotten all about that! The little certificates you’d pop in the windscreen. And yes before 2006 even. Eh by eck those were t’days

pierrot 14:

Carryfast:

OwenMoney:
40 t on international trips but 44 t on National work with 5 axles. i load in Belgium and Spain for France but only at 40 t which leaves too much ullage in a tanker. Time we had 44t on international too. Firms doing plant and machinery use 3 axle units here.

44t on 5 axles is a recipe for smashing roads with high drive axle weights when 18t on two axles is bad enough in that regard.
Also 6 braked axles provides better braking capacity at 44t than 5 at 40t let alone 44t.

What a load of baaallocks, you stupid man Carryfast
you’ve not seen the state of roads in the UK then ? :unamused: :unamused:

Here in France we run at 44t on 5 axles and our nationals (A roads)
are in a better condition than the UK motorways !!

Ain’t they just.

Me and the missus went on the motorbike to the the Morvan region last Sept. Due to Covid I’ve not been touring to France for a while… I’d forgotten that the D and C roads there are better surfaces than the A roads are here… .

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Truckulent:
Me and the missus went on the motorbike to the the Morvan region last Sept. Due to Covid I’ve not been touring to France for a while… I’d forgotten that the D and C roads there are better surfaces than the A roads are here… .

It’s well known that our EEC/EU contributions funded a massive amount of European infrastructure at the expense of our own.
France also historically has the benefit of an expensive privately run heavily tolled motorway system.
No surprise even with all that their silly axle weights are predictably causing havoc.

www.thelocal.fr/20180816/potholes-bridg … rt-states/

thelocal.fr/20180816/pothole … port-says/

Carryfast:
http://www.thelocal.fr/20180816/potholes-bridges-at-risk-of-collapse-french-roads-in-desperate-state-report-says/

Get a life CF, the link that you posted is from >>>>>>>>>

Published: 16 August 2018 10:37 CEST

YOU FOOL :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Carryfast:

Truckulent:

It’s well known that our EEC/EU contributions funded a massive amount of European infrastructure at the expense of our own.
France also historically has the benefit of an expensive privately run heavily tolled motorway system.
No surprise even with all that their silly axle weights are predictably causing havoc.

thelocal.fr/20180816/pothole … rt-states/

Tell us more about Belgian tolls….

Carryfast:

Wheel Nut:

Why bother with all the expense of having brakes on all axles of a 6 or 8 wheeler.

At best it’s a false economy of more road costs which government’s then use as a pretext to hit the industry with more tax.

So you’re anti higher weights and bigger vehicles? Or pro? How does that fit with your anti rail campaign?

Also braking on trucks is almost unrecognisable from when you last drove one. The tech and materials has moved on a startling amount.

High weights and big trucks work fine here in Scandinavia.Europe has an equally good[or bad]road network.

pierrot 14:

Carryfast:
http://www.thelocal.fr/20180816/potholes-bridges-at-risk-of-collapse-french-roads-in-desperate-state-report-says/

Get a life CF, the link that you posted is from >>>>>>>>>

Published: 16 August 2018 10:37 CEST

YOU FOOL :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Which makes any difference, to the premise that high axle weights smash roads resulting in excessive costs for road building and repairs, how.
Maybe you can show any other reason why the UK government decided on 44t on 6 axles.That decision was made well before 2018.

switchlogic:

Carryfast:

Wheel Nut:

So you’re anti higher weights and bigger vehicles? Or pro? How does that fit with your anti rail campaign?

Also breaking on trucks is almost unrecognisable from when you last drove one. The tech and materials has moved on a startling amount.

Braking…………

But yes apart from that…… carryfast normally I skip past your drivel on any subject… but this one you are completely ■■■■■■■ in the wind. Back to your Detroit Diesel/ V12 jag engine sites…

switchlogic:

I’m obviously advocating maximising gross weights while minimising axle weights.
To the point of even removing gross weight limits which are then just a function of the number of axles.