Forgotten already

Silver_Surfer:
It was one of this country’s biggest political disasters that Corbyn didn’t get in as PM at the last election as he would have owned this Covid 19 crisis and made this country a better place for all.

I know this is the minority view on here and some will call me a Commie but that’s what I genuinely feel,

I doubt I’ll read or reply to the usual brain washed BS that comes back over a comment like this.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Exactly a minority. And it has been a minority for so many years that I have lost count. Maybe you are missing the point, Its a minority and will remain as such. Because the world has moved on from the thirties get used to it.

maga:

switchlogic:
Let’s just forget about the fact that almost every other government in the world did a better job than ours shall we

I think It’s easy to pick holes in the governments decisions with hindsight as an advantage. They haven’t been perfect, but to say every other Government in the world did a better job is just plain wrong. America for one has handled it far worse than us.

The way they’re handling the easing of the lockdown is shambolic I will say that, the economy is going to be destroyed because of their reluctance to get people back to work ASAP.

[/quote]
You seem to have ignored the rather important ‘almost’

fonzi:

switchlogic:

jakethesnake:

Silver_Surfer:
It was one of this country’s biggest political disasters that Corbyn didn’t get in as PM at the last election as he would have owned this Covid 19 crisis and made this country a better place for all.

I know this is the minority view on here and some will call me a Commie but that’s what I genuinely feel,

I doubt I’ll read or reply to the usual brain washed BS that comes back over a comment like this.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It’s very easy to criticize in these extremely challenging times. Having a look at how labour have handled care homes in Wales might give us a clue. :unamused:

Yup because the Tory government in Westminster has such a great record with care homes :unamused: A dead monkey could do a better job than Boris. Would probably be less scruffy too

Yep thats coming from an expert who is nothing more than a Steering wheel jockey. So do not expect anybody to listen to your salty tears just because Boris Humiliated a lame opposition. And dont forget Corbyn could not even beat the weakest prime minister ( MAY ) that this country has ever had.
And that dead monkey would have no problem doing your job.

Blimey, aren’t you delight. Is debating on a forum like a grown up beyond you? This forum seems to have acquired a few bitter old f**ks lately. Have a lovely day chap

P.s I didn’t vote for Corbyn and I was very vocal against him from the very start. Not that I need to justify myself to a cantankerous old w**kstain like you. After all I very much doubt facts are something you bother with that often. Toodles :smiley:

fonzi:
Politics aside NO government could have done any better with Corvid. Its a pandemic and a completely new Virus.

It’s Covid, corvid is the crow family.

fonzi:
Dammed if you do. Dammed if you dont.
Politics aside NO government could have done any better with Corvid. Its a pandemic and a completely new Virus FOR EVERY ONE, yes in HINDSIGHT things could possibly have been done better. But to say that Labour would have done better is just a Dream with absolutely no facts to back it up. And to be honest It frightens me to think, that the likes of Diane Abbott with her two left feet, and racist views could have been at the centre of this crisis.
So do not wonder why the labour party were humiliated at the last election. As for how we come out of this Crisis that was not brought on by this Government but something beyond our control,only time will tell.
But just let me leave you with this thought. Perhaps if Labour and the rest of the opposition had taken more time to put forward Ideas to overcome this Virus. Rather than waste there time trying to gain Political Points then they may have gained a bit of respect, rather than derision from the majority of the public.

Come on be sensible, the UK could of shut the borders earlier, the track and trace apps weeks behind us, I believe at last count 103 deaths in the whole of Australia, my daughter is back full time at school etc, shops starting to reopen. Well unless your in the leftie QLD … the UK were caught out in a big way , and still are a laughing stock …

I never understood exactly what Labour would have done for the NHS that would be better than the billions of extra over-the-odds funding the Tories have done, especially these past five years…

Isn’t it time to move on from merely congratulating Atlee’s Labour government from coming up with the NHS in the first place, and now concentrate on how to make it work better for everyone in the spirit of KEEPING it “Free at the point of sale”?

Let’s concentrate on what is causing all the problems for the NHS then, rather than it’s inefficiancies.
In the early days - a collapsing Empire meant that we ended up with a lot of Doctors imported from the former bits of the Empire, especially places like Kenya and India…
The population back then was much lower than today, and we were yet to import people without any much-needed skills such as being self-funded GPs, able to set up practice in the UK without asking for government help.

My own GP for many years - was a refugee from the Idi Amin regime in Uganda.
These people came over here to BECOME part of our institution of the NHS then.
What a far cry where these days we’ll let any old blighters in, no trade, no papers, and in many cases “no confirmation they don’t carry an infectious disease” even…
Those that still end up flocking to the NHS for employment - are far more likely to become Porters, Orderlies, and other non-medical staff these days.

…We lionize them all as “Key Workers” - but I really don’t know how far Left one has to go to equate an 80+ hour per week Registrar to those porters pushing trollies about… Or a an 80+ hour per week Staff Nurse to some random cleaner wiping down bedside tables with the same cloth they just used to clean the sluice with…

My Mum worked for the NHS as an Auxillary for many years, before resigning in disgust at how the “wave of so-called Nursing Offices” gradually took over.
She left to become a Practice Manager for the same GP who’d started his own practice after getting both his family and his dosh away from Idi Amin’s Clashing Bricks…

The NHS needs to re-gain what it seems to have let slip away over the ensuing years…
Perhaps a stricter immigration regime where you are more likely to be granted indefinite leave to remain IF you have Skills much needed at the NHS, rather than are here to be burden upon it.?

“Bring Back Matron!”

Maybe I’m just being cynical but “the science” behind allowing a bit more freedom seems to have coincided with the government wishing to “move on” from the coverage of the stick of the Prime Minister’s most senior advisor…

I dunno about that.

Looking at the crowds of people out and about these past three weeks by this point, it might have been ■■■■■■■■ who was watching the “goings” of just about everyone else and their dog…

Out and about, despite clearly NOT all being key workers or “out to buy food”…

Leisure dressed, convertible car, sunglasses - driver on their own…

Women out, but hardly any of them with kids as might normally be the case with pushchairs, yummy mummies, in the nice weather we’ve been having…

No "housewives knuckle-dragging two heavy bags of shopping, or “Husbands” peering in the windows of now non-existant job centers, 'cos there’s no work to be had…

Nope. ■■■■■■■■ probably took a good look, though “f— this” like any one of us might with kids and elderly parents both still alive…

“Common Sense ■■■■■■■■■ seems a better description of him than “Shoehorn of the Left” which even Keir Starmer (to his credit) chose not to get involved in. Imagine that!
…Plenty of social distancing being obeyed right here by the press and “protesting public” eh?

Wot a bunch of hypocrites - the whole lot of the scumbag mainstream media these days!! :unamused:

switchlogic:

fonzi:
Politics aside NO government could have done any better with Corvid. Its a pandemic and a completely new Virus.

Let’s just forget about the fact that almost every other government in the world did a better job than ours shall we

Looks like the your facts are wrong again. But then lets be honest you are always wrong. Lots to say but no facts to back it up. Yawn Yawn Yawn.

Juddian:
We’re no better.
The govt and its media propaganda dept (otherwise known as the BBC and MSM) have done such a good job of frightening the majority of the nation, that they don’t have a clue how to row back and unfrighten them, especially when so many are being paid by the taxpayer (govts have no money), and due to being addicted to the telly/msm actually believe the magic free money trees exist, so if they had their way they’d spend their lives in perpetual hiding and think that was living :unamused:

House arrest of almost the entire nation was a ridiculous overreaction, designed to protect the new religion, the NHS, at all costs including bankrupting the nation, kicking ill old folk out of hospital back into care homes rendering theose care homes into hospices and centres for infection spread.
S’OK the new messiah is safe, remember to worship every thursday at 8pm.
Be plenty of free thursdays for millions when they discover they have no job to return to.

Isn’t that what ■■■■■■■■ has just succeeded in doing?

Who’s to say he didn’t deliberately get seen “man about town” - just so people would defiantly get out and about to spite the Tories when just a few days ago, Krankie, and every Unionized and currently furlough-paid worker in the land “we’re refusing to go back to work until the Tories discover a cure for Cancer, and the secret of life”… ? :stuck_out_tongue:

fonzi:

switchlogic:

fonzi:

Looks like the your facts are wrong again. But then lets be honest you are always wrong. Lots to say but no facts to back it up. Yawn Yawn Yawn.

No, you’re both wrong. :neutral_face: :neutral_face: :neutral_face:

toonsy:
Maybe I’m just being cynical but “the science” behind allowing a bit more freedom seems to have coincided with the government wishing to “move on” from the coverage of the stick of the Prime Minister’s most senior advisor…

…Or that advisor brilliantly letting himself be seen “Out and about” - to thus encourage the British Bloody-Minded Public to do exactly the same, Covid be damned… :open_mouth:

Machiavelli1.jpg

Winseer:

Juddian:
We’re no better.
The govt and its media propaganda dept (otherwise known as the BBC and MSM) have done such a good job of frightening the majority of the nation, that they don’t have a clue how to row back and unfrighten them, especially when so many are being paid by the taxpayer (govts have no money), and due to being addicted to the telly/msm actually believe the magic free money trees exist, so if they had their way they’d spend their lives in perpetual hiding and think that was living :unamused:

House arrest of almost the entire nation was a ridiculous overreaction, designed to protect the new religion, the NHS, at all costs including bankrupting the nation, kicking ill old folk out of hospital back into care homes rendering theose care homes into hospices and centres for infection spread.
S’OK the new messiah is safe, remember to worship every thursday at 8pm.
Be plenty of free thursdays for millions when they discover they have no job to return to.

Isn’t that what ■■■■■■■■ has just succeeded in doing?

Who’s to say he didn’t deliberately get seen “man about town” - just so people would defiantly get out and about to spite the Tories when just a few days ago, Krankie, and every Unionized and currently furlough-paid worker in the land “we’re refusing to go back to work until the Tories discover a cure for Cancer, and the secret of life”… ? :stuck_out_tongue:

Could be, yes people are rightly ignoring this cobblers more every day and Boris doesn’t have to unfrighten them after all.
On the plus side many of the fair maidens seem to be enjoying looking nice again :smiling_imp: and barely a pointless mask to be seen.

Fair I grant you , but maiden in this day and age ■■

rigsby:
Fair I grant you , but maiden in this day and age ■■

A chap at my time of life is entitled to his rose coloured specs :laughing:

fonzi:

switchlogic:

fonzi:

More biting up the the minute commentry a week later from the village idiot :smiley: Don’t give up the day job chap x

The perverse logic, selective memory, and cherry picking of information, from some on this thread is astounding.
How some choose an outcome they would wish for, and then try to make facts fit their preferred target is truly amazing.
No need to have politicians tell lies when so many are adept at deceiving themselves.
With the WWW out there we should be in a position of greater knowledge, but for some reason, we have many actively choosing to go unreliable and biased news sources, just to keep their own prejudices alive, and not challenge their own world view.
Brexit and COVID show the same signs: ignore uncomfortable data, and shout louder that it must all be a conspiracy, rather than try to understand a complex situation.

Franglais:
The perverse logic, selective memory, and cherry picking of information, from some on this thread is astounding.
How some choose an outcome they would wish for, and then try to make facts fit their preferred target is truly amazing.
No need to have politicians tell lies when so many are adept at deceiving themselves.
With the WWW out there we should be in a position of greater knowledge, but for some reason, we have many actively choosing to go unreliable and biased news sources, just to keep their own prejudices alive, and not challenge their own world view.
Brexit and COVID show the same signs: ignore uncomfortable data, and shout louder that it must all be a conspiracy, rather than try to understand a complex situation.

Because everything on the WWW is factual and unbiased !!! and no I don’t have a link to prove that so you can just dismiss it as lies if you’re that way inclined

Before the internet, we used to say things like “Nothing spreads faster than BAD news” rather than “Fake” News…

Fake Quotes that happen to be true.jpg

Mazzer2:

Franglais:

Because everything on the WWW is factual and unbiased !!! and no I don’t have a link to prove that so you can just dismiss it as lies if you’re that way inclined

“Everything on the WWW is factual and unbiased !!!”
Of course it isn`t. I certainly never said it was.