Forgot digicard at home

When is the practice if you forget your digicard at home.

1 - turn round and go back home and get it

2 - get in truck and drive without it.

I went with number 2, what are you ment to do with the tacho regrading manual enties, and printouts?

Also turned out that im out tonight so wont have my digicard for tomorrow.

All help is welcome.

Thanks

Number 1 was your answer, oh and welcome to TNUK.

…or 2), N.B. 2nd post here:- viewtopic.php?f=2&t=105090&p=1570167&hilit=+forgot+card#p1570167, presuming “forgot” means temporarily “lost”!

Snudger:
…or 2), N.B. 2nd post here:- viewtopic.php?f=2&t=105090&p=1570167&hilit=+forgot+card#p1570167, presuming “forgot” means temporarily “lost”!

Well i forgot my card about 6 months ago and went back to get it just easier that way.

You take a print out from your digital box and fill in the details registration , time , mileage start and put your signature on it , then when you finish your shift take another print readout and fill in the relevant details as explained , and hope you don`t get stopped by P.C plod. You have 15 working days grace , then if u have lost it or its stolen , get it sorted with the dvla. tankerjack.

Yep, No 1.

“You can only drive without a card if the one you have previously been issued is lost, stolen, damaged or is malfunctioning. You can drive without a driver card for up to 15 calendar days, or longer if it is necessary for the vehicle to be returned to its premises, as long as you can prove that you could not use the card during this period.”

Technically you should contact DVA on 0845 402 4000 & explain that you’ve lost it, then pay them £19 for a replacement (that should take approx 5 days) then you are supposed to send the ‘Found’ card back to the DVLA.

At the least- do printouts for today & tomorrow & keep them for 28 days then hand them into the office, write on the back that you ‘Misplaced’ the Digi card but found it 2 days later (just as you were going to phone DVA) funny that !

nidirect.gov.uk/digital-tach … iver-cards

gov.uk/apply-for-a-digital- … smart-card