Forgot Card in Tacho

First i was up to get it as i catched the Driver who goes out with that Unit,but then i remembered that it expires on the 15th December.
Its the 14th today and im in next on Wednesday the 16th.
Its just that i may need it with me for 28 Day. or not?
Think i give the Assessor a Txt if i need it or not. Anyone of you has the Answer?
Thanx

You have answered your own query with your own answer

You cannot legally drive a vehicle fitted with a digital tachograph without a driver card unless the card is lost stolen or faulty, yours is none of those things so legally you’re screwed until you get a new card.

tachograph:
You cannot legally drive a vehicle fitted with a digital tachograph without a driver card unless the card is lost stolen or faulty, yours is none of those things so legally you’re screwed until you get a new card.

I thought you could drive if you forgot it (ie, left it at home) as long as you did print outs at each end??
Or am I totally incorrect on that?? :confused:
Not that ive ever done that BTW but it would be handy to know for the future.

Gembo:
I thought you could drive if you forgot it (ie, left it at home) as long as you did print outs at each end??

From memory I think I read that the DVSA would accept that a card has genuinely been forgotten and allow printouts for a day, though this doesn’t really apply to the OP as after tomorrow he won’t have a valid driver card.

tachograph:

Gembo:

From memory I think I read that the DVSA would accept that a card has genuinely been forgotten and allow printouts for a day, though this doesn’t really apply to the OP as after tomorrow he won’t have a valid driver card.

Got you.
Ta mate.

Yea,thanx. So DVLA has Time till Wednesday Noon to delivery it or an Agency will do the Job at Company.
But, do i need the old Card for 28 day with me or not?

Immigrant:
Yea,thanx. So DVLA has Time till Wednesday Noon to delivery it or an Agency will do the Job at Company.
But, do i need the old Card for 28 day with me or not?

Yes, if you’re driving you will need to carry your old driver card with you.

thanx

You been skipping classes?

tachograph:

Gembo:

I am fairly sure that no card no drive applies to forgotten cards. MOST people live within half an hour from their workplace (just a guess but it doesn’t apply to me either) so I cant imagine the authorities offering a sympathetic ear to avoiding a 1 hour delay to go get it :confused:

scanny77:

tachograph:

Gembo:

I am fairly sure that no card no drive applies to forgotten cards. MOST people live within half an hour from their workplace (just a guess but it doesn’t apply to me either) so I cant imagine the authorities offering a sympathetic ear to avoiding a 1 hour delay to go get it :confused:

Correct, unless recently changed. A driver must carry his card when ever at work, and whendriving a vehicle with an analogue tacho, including broken or defective cards. A lost card must have been reported to the authorities as such , before you can drive without a card.

the nodding donkey:
Correct, unless recently changed. A driver must carry his card when ever at work, and whendriving a vehicle with an analogue tacho, including broken or defective cards. A lost card must have been reported to the authorities as such , before you can drive without a card.

You have 7 days before the card needs to be reported to DVLA and you can drive without it in those 7 days and upto 15 days (or longer in some circumstances) as long as printouts are produced, signed etc at start and end of shift.

You also don’t need your card ‘when ever at work’. If you aren’t driving you don’t need it.

This isn’t a recent change to legislation.