Forfarmers advertising for drivers

My employer is advertising for casual contract drivers around UK locations.

If you’re interested, apply here;

https://www.workingatforfarmers.co.uk/vacancies/hgv-driver-r4050.aspx

Bulk tipper/blower/tanker experience ideal, you’ll be delivering to farms.

Own account company, decent kit, don’t bother applying though if you don’t like getting your hands dirty or don’t care much for the smell of ■■■■.

Looking for both rigid and artic drivers.

Edit; SOME LOCATIONS HAVE ALREADY FILLED THEIR QUOTAS, THE WEBSITE MAY TAKE TIME TO REFLECT THIS. THANK YOU FOR THE INTEREST.

Was gonna apply for them out Bury St edds way couple month back.

Shame I’ve not the ‘relevant’ experience [emoji20]

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

Benjie83:

Don’t let that stop you applying. Willingness to learn and right attitude is at least as important. Last bloke we took on at Carmarthen was ex car transporters.

Sidevalve:

Benjie83:

Don’t let that stop you applying. Willingness to learn and right attitude is at least as important. Last bloke we took on at Carmarthen was ex car transporters.

Cheers bud, lol yeah I’ve got the willingness bit that’s for sure, I’ll have a read up tonight [emoji106]

Thanks for the share though, good to see folks sharing some kindness [emoji636][emoji41]

That’s a no from me, Eco-driving and speed limits,… I can’t do the first I’ve tried, speed limits, not on foot down Friday…
Thanks for the heads up…

A friend of mine applied. Got an email back from a Dutch email address (?) purporting to be HR stating that they’re not currently recruiting. :confused:

R420:
A friend of mine applied. Got an email back from a Dutch email address (?) purporting to be HR stating that they’re not currently recruiting. :confused:

They are Dutch owned. How long ago was this please?

If the info IS out of date I’ll let the relevant department know tomorrow.

Today.

R420:
Today.

Thanks. I’ll bend the relevant ear. The company has been setting on new drivers, it’s possible that the quotas at certain mills have been filled.

Maybe they were inundated with apps after your post here. Btw, is it day work or night outs?

Sidevalve:
My employer is advertising for casual contract drivers around UK locations.

If you’re interested, apply here;

https://www.workingatforfarmers.co.uk/vacancies/hgv-driver-r4050.aspx

Bulk tipper/blower/tanker experience ideal, you’ll be delivering to farms.

Own account company, decent kit, don’t bother applying though if you don’t like getting your hands dirty or don’t care much for the smell of [zb].

Looking for both rigid and artic drivers.

Most ladies of all ages don’t much like ‘A’ - but at a grand a pop (!!) - there’s plenty queuing up to “not be able to sit down for a week” it seems…

If it had been a few weeks ago I might have applied to the Radstock depot as it’s just under 4 miles from me, but I start at Culina soon…

R420:
Maybe they were inundated with apps after your post here. Btw, is it day work or night outs?

Mostly day work on the bulkers. A few do nights out but rarely more than one or two a week. Might be a bit different for Preston and Penrith, who service Scotland.

Regarding the post above on “no more applicants”; I’ve received a PM from one chap who has had a positive response so it may well be that certain mills have already filled their quotas.

If I lived that way, they have a place near diss. They have noise thing and can’t leave the yard before 7am so no early start there, lovely lie in .

Sidevalve:

R420:

Mostly day work on the bulkers. A few do nights out but rarely more than one or two a week. Might be a bit different for Preston and Penrith, who service Scotland.

Regarding the post above on “no more applicants”; I’ve received a PM from one chap who has had a positive response so it may well be that certain mills have already filled their quotas.

My mate messaged me from Selby asking if I wanted a job or knew anyone, he said they cant get decent blokes.

Wheel Nut:

Sidevalve:

R420:

My mate messaged me from Selby asking if I wanted a job or knew anyone, he said they cant get decent blokes.

Wheel Nut check your private message folder.

Odd days:
If I lived that way, they have a place near diss. They have noise thing and can’t leave the yard before 7am so no early start there, lovely lie in .

Now that’s the dream right there [emoji44][emoji41][emoji41]

Wheel Nut:

It has been a problem at some mills. I will be absolutely honest and say it ain’t everybody’s ideal job; it’s farm deliveries with all the attendant pluses and minuses which you’d expect. But it’s not hard work; if you’ve never done bulk feed deliveries before this thread might help give you an insight into what’s involved.

I’ve been with this company since 2005; best job I’ve ever had, and hopefully it will take me through to retirement.