Foreseeing the future and acting on it

you know how when the internet kicked off you could predict how it would go,but never acted on it [for your own benefit] i was just sitting mulling on whats ahead of us . What do any of you lot predict is big coming round the corner ? whoever patented the camera mirrors must be creaming it in by now. i was just randomly thinking that the cab of the truck might end up at the back end with camera at the front make reversing dead easy and if i was at the front of the queue at the training centre id be better off this just a thought,or possibly a captains swivel chair

I can see all these diesel fridge units moving to electric.

My previous truck at previous work place had 1 truck with an electric fridge, which was my allocated truck.

I didn’t have any problems, just had to leave it on constantly and defrost it often (if needed). It is also quieter than a diesel fridge. It doesn’t cool the fridge/freezer as quick, but aslong as your aware of that and work around it, it’s fine.

Where I am now, every truck has a diesel fridge. Can use anything from 10-30 litres a day. We have 40 trucks in our yard, about 25-30 out every day.

That adds up at current fuel prices.

robots taking over the jobs of HGV drivers in the next 15 years is 79% likely,

so would say pick another career, (kidding you have 15yr) I have about 15yrs left so a case of what the Irishman says in this clip…

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

The next big thing, is automation, we will just be like airline pilots, for if the ■■■■ hits the fan…

and it all started with this…stuff

Smart Cities is the next agenda, so invest in those behind the technology, and get ready for serious tolling systems in the UK…

Trucks and the next maby advancement, portable or onboard toilets maybe ? suprised not done already …

replace ■■■■ like this…