Foreign vehicles and speed cameras

Do foreign drivers get any comeback from being flashed by a speed camera?

A Dutch xf with a reefer (funny how they’re all like that) jumped the lights on the M4 / A419 junction at Swindon, quite blatantly. Only to get flashed at the roadworks leading up to the roundabout where the new flyover has just been built. It got me wondering if he will hear anything from that. Is there any chance at all he will? However remote a chance it is.

i think you will find that MR FLYING DUTCHMAN will find that out when he
next comes into the UK;ON a other site it was mentioned by a member whose work involves checking of vehicles that, the rules are so that
if the offender lands in the data bank,and is a regular visitor to the UK
he/she will be done if when checked out in a control this appears,
WHAT you should know is that the dutch licenceing–office do not give out
any details about a vehicle ,whereas GERMANY I know for a fact does,
this is one BIG problem which would help the enforcment officers if they
had a better transfer of information,which at present does not happen,

Not much chance under current legislation, although that is likely to change in the future. I never heard anything from any of the occasions I was flashed by a camera over the water in Germany, Holland etc. Even if that vehicle is stopped in a control on a future visit to the UK, the UK authorities currently have no way of finding out who the driver was at the time the vehicle was flashed.

When I worked for a Dutch firm the English drivers used to have a competition to see how many cameras they could set off in a night in UK… :laughing:

harry:
When I worked for a Dutch firm the English drivers used to have a competition to see how many cameras they could set off in a night in UK… :laughing:

Surely not harry. It is nice to be on Dutch plates tho… :wink:

montana man:

harry:

Surely not harry. It is nice to be on Dutch plates tho… :wink:

urban myth that one :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

I can give you the names of the drivers & the names of their outfits. ( But I won’t ) There was a set of roadworks between FX & London near Witham & these guys tried to set off every camera. It was a regular run in the middle of the night…
When I started chauffeur work in London I set off 11 cameras ( One outside the Houses of Parliament ) Only one had film in it… & it was my first day with a Radar Buster. It was midnight & the passenger was asleep in the back on a 100 mile trip. I had unplugged it so that she was not disturbed …:laughing: