Foreign Vans

I was doing track stopping stuff last year in a Sprinter. Distance was irrelevant between jobs, you had to get wherever by whenever no matter what. I gave up as stated previously, because I fell asleep driving and that was the end of that. :unamused:

We used to do this sort of thing in the UK with a minivan, forty years ago, for urgent ship stores. (when we had docks, that was!)

UKIP anyone? :wink:

Hiya i was hitching a lift(remember when we did that)only about 5years ago.(the missus had
trapped her hand in the car door so i when to pick her up) i got a lift with a mate from Chester to
Crick, then a chap in a van give me a lift to the A127.(for Basildon) just chatting i asked how far he
was going,He showed me the paperwork…it was a bathroom suite for Spain…ASAP from Doncaster iicr.
I did that trip in three and 3/4 hours, quicker than in the car as we never stopped for a cuppa.

Did you read the Simon international site. Simon,s had a wagon with a broken engine in Saudi,
they give the fitter one of those Honda pick up things with the spares to fix the lorry engine,
then sent him on his way. when the lorry was fixed they threw away the pick up and the fitter flew home.
John

I don’t know what most of them have in the back but all the talk at work last night was about 2 Romanians. They came to deliver stock to vantec on cherry blossom way, washington,only when the chap went to tell them where to unload they were having a brokeback mountain moment in the cab. You could say he delivered his load I suppose. :open_mouth:

Slackbladder:
I don’t know what most of them have in the back but all the talk at work last night was about 2 Romanians. They came to deliver stock to vantec on cherry blossom way, washington,only when the chap went to tell them where to unload they were having a brokeback mountain moment in the cab. You could say he delivered his load I suppose. :open_mouth:

Don’t you mean ■■■■■■■■ mounting? :laughing: Bunk biting…

milodon:

short walk:
Big bucks for those involved.

really? :laughing: you’d think otherwise after spending a night or two at the BP on the A7 passing barcelona. always 5-10 of them waiting for a load, never have I seen one of them even buy a coffee from the service station, nevermind a burger from burger king :unamused:

if you do see them buy something please put photographic proof on here :laughing:

Seem to see more and more of them on the motorways over here. Are these guys mostly one man bands or running for companies?
The last few times I’ve been over to Belgium (always early mornings) I have seen them lined up en masse at service stations on the E40. So they do sleep sometimes!

107 OG:
The last few times I’ve been over to Belgium (always early mornings) I have seen them lined up en masse at service stations on the E40. So they do sleep sometimes!

they’ll sleep a lot more than you think. fines in Germany for breaking hours are huge even for these vans, I was checked at least once a month that everything was in order.

107 OG:
Seem to see more and more of them on the motorways over here. Are these guys mostly one man bands or running for companies?

Yeah agreed! see them everyday and everywhere here - Polish 3.5t tilt van with sleeper pod on roof! same thing as lined up en masse at Aachen, Koln, Stuttgart and Calais Service stations!

Last time I drive by car and parked in Holland - Shell Motorway services near Venlo. I parked next to Polish van. He was already park there before i arrived then left the services on the next day and he still sleeping with curtains shut! I slept about seven hours.

At moment I am looking for European van / couriers job but it is quite hard to get also many of British couriers companies don’t go to Europe anymore due bad rate thanks to new EU member states who has offer competitive rates than us! :neutral_face:

milodon:

short walk:
Big bucks for those involved.

really? :laughing: you’d think otherwise after spending a night or two at the BP on the A7 passing barcelona. always 5-10 of them waiting for a load, never have I seen one of them even buy a coffee from the service station, nevermind a burger from burger king :unamused:

Agreed! :wink:

I remember Orys - a Polish Trucknet UK user mention something about Polish van drivers salary pay around from £100 - 250 per week

the flying foden:
if you do see them buy something please put photographic proof on here :laughing:

alas, I don’t drive for a living anymore and the company I worked for shut it’s doors thanks to not being able to compete with the ridiculously low prices rampant in international transport nowadays…

legally 10 hours drive a day

hitch:

no tacho -no check …until theres a bump

syramax:

hitch:

no tacho -no check …until theres a bump

The other thing with these light trucks is that you have to push them all day long. There’s no momentum to help you along as in a 40 tonner. It’s flat out all day long. :frowning: