Foreign Trucks

At an RDC last year, the genius on the gate had let a foreign ( eastern block,) vehicle onto site with a load of spirits. Problem was, despite being TIR, it was not secured, so they could not / would not accept it, but could not send it off site either as it would become there problem.
Best bit was, he had been held up on the ferry, so those of us there early, got tipped early & those who were after him & on time had one looooong wait due to half the RDC’s staff being ■■■■■■■ with what if & how about type conversations.

robinhood_1984, Interesting information from you, well I am big fan of Willi Betz, Hungarocamion and other Eastern Bloc truck company but I am not big fan of Willi Betz business way but I am like thier trucks and different culture from here but sometime Eastern European Lorries are better kit and motors than in UK, I am always take the pictures of Willi Betz, Hungarocamion and other eastern bloc trucks. I am collection of Willi Betz, Hungarocamion photos and models too.

I have heard Hungarocamion been take over by Waberer’s, also Waberer taken over the Hungarocamion and Volan Tefu (second best know in Hungary Transport Company) Waberer’s is newest name in Hungary but I am not believe Willi Betz take over the Hungarocamion but i think it is impossibel but maybe you right but I want to look a evidence but where do you get information from about Willi Betz take over Hungarocamion ?

Ben :sunglasses:

ive not heard of waberers ben. they must have a lot of money to take over hungarocamion? arent they part-owned by the hungarian government mate? ive seen one or two of volan tefu`s motors and your quite right, they are good lorries, but the drivers arent getting paid enough for what they do. rgds jon

Ben,

The business about Hungarocamion and Willi Betz is only rumour. perhaps Betz just owns alot of their shares or something? You probably know more than me about Betz’s business dealings.

Do you collect the Herpa models of the Betz trucks? I collect them as I hope to build an oo/ho scale truckstop when I have enough. I dont have any Betz ones yet as they go for skyhigh prices, it seems you’re not the only fan!

What you say about alot of Eastern European trucks being better than what we have here is sadly true in alot of cases, gone are the days on the autobahn of being stuck behind an old Liaz in one of the stupid no overtaking areas. I was driving my van back to Scunthorpe from London a few weeks back and took a shortcut from the M1 to the A1 past Worksop as the M1 was at a standstill and I followed a Polish Magnum with a tilt, I could hardly keep up with him, he certainly didn’t wait to hesitate at any traffic lights/junctions/roundabouts. He was like a bat out of hell.

Is it any wonder that these people want to come here and work for half the rate that a Brit works for?
I was weekended in Savona,Italy over the May bank holiday and amongst the various nationalities present were a Russian guy who lived (not sure if legally) in spain and drove for a Spanish firm,he was on €2000 a month.
Another driver from Lithuania,was on €200 a month TOP LINE! with no extras and wasn’t getting paid for sitting still all weekend.And he had a brand new XL Globetrotter!! :cry: :cry: :cry:

To top it all they must have drunk three weeks wages over the weekend,they were permanently drinking vodka. :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Well said Mal. I shall be voting for Bob killed Roy Silk too bit not for the reasons on this post.

Hungarocamion Drivers are probably more experienced then anyone on here, The Polish drivers you are all so scared of have families too.
PKS PeKaEs have been coming to this country for as long as Willi Betz.

The upstarts in the transport game are people like Centrum who have only been doing European Work for about 25 years.

Thr Eastern European truck drivers dont want to work here and certainly dont want to park on the services for weeks on end.

I hope I didnt get this attitude of: the Englishman is stealing all our work from Greece, Turkey, Germany, Romania.

The title Foreign Trucks works both ways :smiling_imp:

Well said Wheel Nut, well not the bit about voting for Bob but the rest of it. :wink: :smiley:

Wheel Nut:
The title Foreign Trucks works both ways :smiling_imp:

As does the opportunity to go to live and work in another EU Member state which always seems to be forgotten when ever this subject comes up. Plenty of Brits have already done that, and not just in the transport industry, but I think our “island mentality” would stop many considering that. Those 22 miles of water are much more than a physical barrier to most Brits.
:unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

I not sure whats going to happen, but it’s probaly going to end up some between, we all lose are jobs becuase of cheap labour from former East Blok countries or East European hauliers losing driver who come here to work for better wages and having to improve thier pay and condition and increase therefore thier rates, which means a more competative market for UK hauliers and drivers from Eastern Europe going back to take advantage of better local pay. After all even in Eastern Europe there must be a finite amount of drivers with licences that want to spend weeks away from family stuck in a cab of a truck.

Neil, you might be right that some forget its a two way street to go live there, I dont personally. But, theres some drawbacks, namely, if there was a glut of work there, I dont think for a minute they would want to come over here leaving their homes and freinds ect. We can trade, and be freinds with all nations, we dont need to keep swinging them 20 billion a year to do it, and at the same time be dictated to from Brussels!

POOR OLD WILLY BETZ GETS A LOT OF STICK…BUT HES IN THE SAME INDUSTRY AS WE ARE…AND THAT IS TRANSPORTATION FROM A TO B…
HOW MANY COMPANIES IN THE U.K. HAVE LOST CONTRACTS TO EXEL BECAUSE THEY PAY ■■■■ WAGES AND CAN THEREFORE AFFORD TO UNDERCUT ITS COMPETETORS…THIS INDUSTRY IN THE U.K. HAS ITS OWN WILLY BETZ ITS BEEN GOING ON FOR YEARS…ITS HAULIER AGAINST HAULIER ALWAYS HAS BEEN ALWAYS WILL BE ALL THE TIME OUR GOVERNMENT IS AGAINST THE ROAD TRANSPORT INDUSTRY…TAKE HOLLAND FOR EXAMPLE…ALL THE HAULIERS HAVE TO CHARGE A MINIMUM RATE PER MILE/KM FOR EVERY MOVEMENT…ALL THESE MOVEMENTS ARE LOGGED AND THE MINISTRY OF TRANSPORT CAN INSPECT THESE MOVEMENT ORDERS AND FINE ANY HAULIER WHO UNDERCUTS…SO ITS FAIR ALL ROUND…THERE ARE OF COURSE MANY COWBOYS IN ALL COUNTRIES AND THERE ARE MANY DUTCH REGISTERED TRUCKS WORKING IN THE U.K. WITH ENGLISH DRIVERS.ESPECIALLY IN THE TRANSPORT OF LIQUID BULK… THERE TOO ARE MANY FOREIGN REGISTERED VEHICLES WORKING OUT OF VARIOUS PORTS PULLING TRAILERS AND TILTS…BELGIUMS…GERMANS…FRENCH…AND OF COURSE DUTCH…AND THESE COMPANIES ARE MUCH CLOSER TO HOME.BUT NO ONE COMPLAINS ABOUT THEM…OF COURSE THESE COMPANIES ARE AT A DISTINCT ADVANTAGE AS THEY BUY THEIR FUEL CHEAPER…DO NOT PAY ENGLISH ROAD TAXES.AND THE ENGLISH DRIVERS ARE PAID LESS THAN THEIR COUNTERPARTS…ONE OTHER ISSUE IS WILLI BETZ WAS FOUND TO HAVE PARKED A TAUTLINER ON OXFORD SERVICES AND WHEN THE MINISTRY OPENED IT UP…FOUND THE BIGGEST DIESEL TANK EVER…WHICH WAS USED TO SUPPLY WILLI BETZ TRUCKS WHILE WORKING IN THE U.K…AND WILLI BETZ IS BEING RUN BY A FORMER HUNGAROCAMION BOSS…AND BY THE WAY WILLI HAS AN OFFICE IN DOVER…WHO ALLOWED THAT ■■..HAVE A NICE DAY

Hi truckyboy welcome to trucknet! :smiley:
I find you comments very interesting and I agree with most of them! :open_mouth:

but do us a favour mate turn your cap lock off!! its easy to read.
Caps is shouting on any message board!!

cheers

Hi Truckyboy,

Interesting information, hmm, do you know Willi Betz office in Dover ? I dont know about this, it is depot or just office and can you give me a address of Betz office in Dover but I knew Willi Betz had small office in Felixstowe.

Ben.

Jonboy@RH - it is website for Waberer Company who took over the Hungarocamion and Volan Tefu
waberers.com/index2_bevezeto.htm

robinhood_1984 - Good to hear about you are collection the Herpa Truck Models but I have five Willi Betz Herpa 1.87 Models but I know it is expensive price for models and hard to find in UK and I have to order in Germany and sometime giveaway model from Willi Betz because i am fan :laughing:
but I am big keen to madel model 1.50 Model for Willi Betz.

Ben :wink:

Niall:
Good point Limey!
Ask yourself how much it costs to kit a driver out in protective gear.
1, Steel toe cap boots.
2, Hi Vis coat.
3, Hard hat.
4, Gloves…

Welll it cost my company exactly nothing cos I had to buy them all myself but to be honest steel toe cap carpet slippers and hi vis pyjamas would be more useful the speed I work at.

Mr Betz

Your namesake does have a place just outside Dover on the Deal road but I dont know the exact address. From the docks go up Jubilee Way to the roundabout and turn right towards Deal and its somewhere along there. I’m almost sure it’s a depot with parking facilitys at the very least.
Hope this helps

regards

John

truckyboy:
HOW MANY COMPANIES IN THE U.K. HAVE LOST CONTRACTS TO EXEL BECAUSE THEY PAY [zb] WAGES AND CAN THEREFORE AFFORD TO UNDERCUT ITS COMPETETORS.

This couldn’t be because they offer a full package from production through warehouse to customer could it?.

TAKE HOLLAND FOR EXAMPLE…ALL THE HAULIERS HAVE TO CHARGE A MINIMUM RATE PER MILE/KM FOR EVERY MOVEMENT…ALL THESE MOVEMENTS ARE LOGGED AND THE MINISTRY OF TRANSPORT CAN INSPECT THESE MOVEMENT ORDERS AND FINE ANY HAULIER WHO UNDERCUTS…SO ITS FAIR ALL ROUND…

Find this extremely unlikely. It would breach EU competition law wouldn’t it?

THERE ARE OF COURSE MANY COWBOYS IN ALL COUNTRIES

True

AND THERE ARE MANY DUTCH REGISTERED TRUCKS WORKING IN THE U.K. WITH ENGLISH DRIVERS.ESPECIALLY IN THE TRANSPORT OF LIQUID BULK.

So?

ENGLISH DRIVERS ARE PAID LESS THAN THEIR COUNTERPARTS…

Unless there are an awful lot of bull artists bragging about unrealistic wages on this forum, that is just that - bull.

ONE OTHER ISSUE IS WILLI BETZ WAS FOUND TO HAVE PARKED A TAUTLINER ON OXFORD SERVICES AND WHEN THE MINISTRY OPENED IT UP…FOUND THE BIGGEST DIESEL TANK EVER…WHICH WAS USED TO SUPPLY WILLI BETZ TRUCKS WHILE WORKING IN THE U.K…

Illegal (if not bought in the UK) and presumably now stopped

Little Englanders rule OK. The way to get a better deal in the EU is not to take your UKIP ball and go home in a huff, but to get fully involved and take part. And that means the Euro. It works for us. If anyone thinks they are going to be better off outside the club than the members inside they are living in cloud cuckoo land.

Salut, David.

BondiTram:
Little Englanders rule OK. The way to get a better deal in the EU is not to take your UKIP ball and go home in a huff, but to get fully involved and take part. And that means the Euro. It works for us. If anyone thinks they are going to be better off outside the club than the members inside they are living in cloud cuckoo land.

Well, thats what you think David, some of us think that the best way to get a better deal for the UK is get the hell out of that beuraucratic and corrupt nightmare. I for one dont think it a good deal that the UK pays around 20 billion to the EU, to get 10 back and for that ten the taxpayer stumps up even more money at a rate of £2 to 1! The truth is, it aint taking a ball home in a huff. The British people were lied to to even get us to join in the first place! and the politicians know it. Heath has since openly admitted it. Some of us dont like having the ■■■■ took out of us, and being lied to. Im one of them, we dont need the EU, we can trade with Europe just like everyone else outside the EU does as it is, but without the EU theft we have to endure right now!

Mal:

BondiTram:

Well, thats what you think David, some of us think that the best way to get a better deal for the UK is get the hell out of that beuraucratic and corrupt nightmare. I for one dont think it a good deal that the UK pays around 20 billion to the EU, to get 10 back and for that ten the taxpayer stumps up even more money at a rate of £2 to 1! The truth is, it aint taking a ball home in a huff. The British people were lied to to even get us to join in the first place! and the politicians know it. Heath has since openly admitted it. Some of us dont like having the [ZB] took out of us, and being lied to. Im one of them, we dont need the EU, we can trade with Europe just like everyone else outside the EU does as it is, but without the EU theft we have to endure right now!

Well put Mal , Britain would be better off out of it , we wouldnt lose bugger all by not being in the E.U. poor countrys like Spain etc :imp: just hold their sweaty little hands out and take and put stuff all back in :smiling_imp: they dont even take notice of the E.U . except when they can take money out of the coffers, these countrys are the only ones gain and I for one am ■■■■■■ off with my tax pounds supporting the E.U. I think we should support our own country first.
Britain could stand alone and should do sooner rather then later.

Mal:
[some of us think that the best way to get a better deal for the UK is get the hell out of that beuraucratic and corrupt nightmare. I for one dont think it a good deal that the UK pays around 20 billion to the EU, to get 10 back and for that ten the taxpayer stumps up even more money at a rate of £2 to 1! The truth is, it aint taking a ball home in a huff. The British people were lied to to even get us to join in the first place! and the politicians know it. Heath has since openly admitted it. Some of us dont like having the [ZB] took out of us, and being lied to. Im one of them, we dont need the EU, we can trade with Europe just like everyone else outside the EU does as it is, but without the EU theft we have to endure right now!

I agree Mal. We are the fourth largest economy and the fourth largest military power in the world. Are we really expected to believe that we will fall apart outside the EU. The EU has been debating a combined EU military force, a proposal that would be a complete toothless non starter without the UK

We have all seen our manufacturing sector decimated by imports from the far east, unable to even contemplate competing with their labour costs, while our government sits and watchs it happen. Now it is happening to road haulage, in our own back yard, from within the even playing fields of the European Union. Surely a system whereby foreign hauliers were taxed on entry and exit relevant to the mileage they had travelled when on our roads would not be too difficult to implement in 2004.

Cheers SRB & Limey! I agree with your points and Im glad to know Im not the only one thinking it!

Theres also someone else that KNOWS full well we would be OK outside the EU:

“Of course, Britain could survive outside the EU…We could probably get access to the Single Market as Norway and Switzerland do…” - The Rt Hon. Tony Blair, MP - UK Prime Minister, speech in Ghent, 23rd February 2000

Why dont you say it on the BBC or ITV Mr Blair?