Fords Distribution

Hi guys does anyone no how i might contact ford dagenham distribution like a e mail address to send a cv to have searched the net but cant find anything cheers

Not wanting to be negative bt from what I understand you’d be wasting your time. I beleive they may through an agency every so often but jobs are scarce, certainly in the old days the drivers were paid way over the going rate.

bjd:
Hi guys does anyone no how i might contact ford dagenham distribution like a e mail address to send a cv to have searched the net but cant find anything cheers

Forget it son they have taken over ANSA the car transporting company and any drivers they may require in thefuture they have to recruite from inside the plant and if you knew what they earned you would see the futility of it.

well i tought as much but if yer dont ask and all that but thxs for your answers

They used to recruit through the local jobcentre too, might be worth speaking to them.

44 Tonne Ton:
They used to recruit through the local jobcentre too, might be worth speaking to them.

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: …you sure about that■■?

The union policy was to recruit from inside the plant. Didnt matter what you did, security guard, tea maker, wheel tapper or seat belt fitter, you had to an employee of Fords first of all and then apply internally. A mate of mine got in during the middle 90`s and it was one of the only times they went “outside” so to speak.

It was “dead mans shoes”, no waiting lists etc, just a recruitment from inside the factory, you didnt even need to hold a class one, they would pay for all that to!!

The job was heavily unionised and probably still is but the wages were just mad!!! Every run was timed and woe betide anyone who came back before the alloted time. Equally, if you couldnt get back in the proscribed time given for the run then nights out were no problem…even if you were 10 minutes from the yard!!! (alledgedly!!! :smiley: :smiley: )

Of course, things may well have changed but the way the union held sway, I wouldnt have thought they would have changed that much!!

I would say that the Ford job was the best paying driver’s job in the country, at one time at least, it may have changed, but in the real good old days they had escalating night out money, 20quid the first night, 40 the second etc, like Bullitt I know a bloke that works there.

The union is very very strong, they recently hired 20 odd motors from Dawsonrentals (who contract hire their Volvos) they were CF Dafs, there was something silly like no 12v plug for the kettle, so they sat in the yard for a month without turning a wheel :open_mouth:

There was a bit of a scandal a few years ago, anybody who has been in the Dagenham area will have noticed that a lot of our tinted brethren live in the area, well quite a few work for Ford, but all the drivers are white, Gungha Din and his mates played the race card and there was a court case/tribunal over it, I was told by my mate that they were going to get leather seats in all the new motors, evidentally that put a stop to them wanting to drive the lorries anymore :laughing: :laughing:

bullitt:

44 Tonne Ton:

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: …you sure about that■■?

The union policy was to recruit from inside the plant. Didnt matter what you did, security guard, tea maker, wheel tapper or seat belt fitter, you had to an employee of Fords first of all and then apply internally. A mate of mine got in during the middle 90`s and it was one of the only times they went “outside” so to speak.

It was “dead mans shoes”, no waiting lists etc, just a recruitment from inside the factory, you didnt even need to hold a class one, they would pay for all that to!!

The job was heavily unionised and probably still is but the wages were just mad!!! Every run was timed and woe betide anyone who came back before the alloted time. Equally, if you couldnt get back in the proscribed time given for the run then nights out were no problem…even if you were 10 minutes from the yard!!! (alledgedly!!! :smiley: :smiley: )

Of course, things may well have changed but the way the union held sway, I wouldnt have thought they would have changed that much!!

Yeah I’m sure! I got an application form from there myself about 7/8 years ago, don’t know if they still do it. There was a lad on here called Andy who worked inside and then went on the road for them jammy sod!

wasn’t it also reported once that at the interview was done by the drivers and union members them selves?

sounds like it is like getting into MI5

mickyblue:
sounds like it is like getting into MI5

When i worked in there as a subby quite a lot of the older drivers looked down there nose at you like you were somethink they had trod in but now due to the younger guys coming in they are a pretty good crowd to work with i think the last intake was about four or five years ago and what with lads coming out of the plant they are much better . But there shift pattens are something else.

When I lived in London in 1998 there was an advertisement for drivers at Fords Dagenham so I rang the number, the bloke who answered was amazed there was an advertisement :open_mouth: and said “I will send a form, but you are wasting your time its dead mans shoes here mate” so that was that.

And they are probably the best paid curtainsider drivers in the country in excess of £33,000.

When I lived in London in 1998 there was an advertisement for drivers at Fords Dagenham so I rang the number, the bloke who answered was amazed there was an advertisement :open_mouth: and said “I will send a form, but you are wasting your time its dead mans shoes here mate” so that was that.

And they are probably the best paid curtainsider drivers in the country in excess of £33,000.

Blunder Man:

WELL in excess!!! :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

think i might put that one to bed then

bjd:
think i might put that one to bed then

Dont give up, go down there and knock on the door, phone them up etc, be a nuisance, you never know it may pay off …stranger things have happened!! :smiley: :smiley:

Good luck, :wink:

I was talking to one of their supply drivers based at Dav a couple of weeks ago. He said it’s dead mans shoes and £40k was mentioned, and apparently they have a “union with balls” whatever one of those is.

tofer:
I was talking to one of their supply drivers based at Dav a couple of weeks ago. He said it’s dead mans shoes and £40k was mentioned, and apparently they have a “union with balls” whatever one of those is.

It’s a union where the men are willing to back their union. The men ARE the union.