Ford Transcontinental Reg: TJL562S

Memories eh Kev!. Can you advise us where she is now??. Many thanks Ade.

Ade1970:
Kev’s Transcon when parked at TIP Nuneaton 5 years ago. Not sure of the reg but I’m sure Kev will advise as the flash just seemed to obscure the plate.

that would be a586atv came from a chap in dartford i think.

Remember seeing one of these early 80s & the sound they made was awesome .Shame no tech experts or 'journo’s know anything about Fords trials with the detroit , how come it was so top secret ? :astonished:

FREDDIE:

tonyhogi:
Does anyone know if Translink still run their transcon wreckers ? Could be a good source for info on spares etc

ONLY HAS JAR 54N LEFT

Translinks, Q plate Transcontinental is up for sale on Adtrader, cab and chassis :smiley:

Was this Wrecker ever livered up as NMT Recovery Kev?

Theres a mention in the CM archive 20th March 1982 about the silver 92 series detroit being trialled in a Transcon , also mentions weight saving over conventional engines - presumeably what Ford was after, with the ford being ‘heavy’ at the time

Riverstick:
Hi Transcon Kev,

Here is one that was advertised in May for sale…not sure if it was bought or not,but perhaps it would make a good donor vehicle for your interior project? PM me if you need the vendor’s email.

thats my friends old truck, all the windows got smashed while sitting in his brothers yard in suffolk, dan kids of today, did it ever sell?

Any news ?
ebay.co.uk/itm/ford-transcon … 35c6182447
:grimacing:

looking good…

Hi lads,interesting thread.
My old Transcon at MFS Maltby finished up as a wrecker.I had it on nights for 2 years as a wagon and drag,DWB 225V Fleet 158 and it ended up at Montrose about 1982 after MFS disposed of it.

mfs72.jpg