Ford to raise prices of their petrol/diesel cars.!

Ford warns of petrol & diesel price rises to hit ZEV target. They don’t sell many EV’s here in Blighty so hitting that 22% of cars sold have to be electric is going to be impossible to say the least for Ford. Vauxhall, Peugeot and Citroen, also warned it could restrict sales of cars in the UK in response to the ZEV mandate.

Well it may go some way to curing their crappy wet belt engine issues then

1 Like

Agreed They should be forced to redistribute the excess profits to those who have suffered from this or banned from selling in the UK. Contrast with what looks to be happening in the USA maybe.

I wouldn,t hold my breath its not only their cars its the transhits as well,

iv a feeling that after the initial rush therell be a slowdown to buying electric. Like years ago there was this big anti petrol lobby,petrol vapours are toxic! diesel was the clean way to go and so the shift to diesel cars started ,they became the most common but now we are suddenly supposed to be anti diesel,

Don’t forget legacy auto will be fined £15k for every ice car oversold, A friend of mine who is getting a company car said trying to get an ICE car is hard to say the least, they’re pushing EV’s first & foremost to avoid those fines, He finally got a BMW 3 series ICE car but there’s a three month wait time.
From what I’ve read BMW are doing well with EV sales & can still sell ICE vehicles.

Just look at the recent JV’s between legacy auto & Chinese auto makers to join forces to avoid those fines to produce cheaper EV’s with their software in some European car plants.
Anyone buying a new car soon will be surprised to find out it was made mostly by Chinese automakers.
The overwhelming opinion from western car reviewers invited by Geely to drive 20 different brands of BEV’s at the recent Beijing auto show was, Western car brands are cooked.