Ford patents self repossession of car

Ford files patent for cars that can repossess themselves :open_mouth: Miss your monthly payments & the car returns to the Ford dealership or banks compound," it can geofence the area where you’re allowed to operate the car (Better turn left, Marcy, or you won’t be turning at all). Failing that, Ford says it could command the audio system to “emit an incessant and unpleasant sound every time the owner is present in the vehicle,” for example, or disable other key features, such as climate control."
“From there, the car’s other systems can be commandeered to help the bank locate your car. Camera and sensor data about the surroundings could be transmitted to the repossessing agency. And if none of this does the trick, vehicles with self-driving features could simply be summoned to the holding yard of the bank’s choosing as the repossession process begins.” todaynewspost.com/auto-news/for … -autoblog/

Good. If there’s no defaults everyone can pay less.

lancpudn:
:open_mouth:

Sounds like you would like the possibility of not paying for what you buy?

Of course that relies on Ford having no ■■■■ ups, not allocating your payments etc.

stu675:

lancpudn:

Of course that relies on Ford having no ■■■■ ups, not allocating your payments etc.

No, I pay/paid for everything I own, I was shocked at how fast this V2X technology is able to be used for these purposes by GPS Geofencing.

stu675:

lancpudn:

It’s clear that this control freak agenda has absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with repossession of cars from bad debtors.
I just wish that I’d been born 10 preferably 20 years earlier.

I’d like to see it driving away with a wheel missing…

I’ve said it before,motoring will be on a subscription.

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

The intention is to return to the early days of motoring when only those with wealth and influence could run a car. Us working class types will be back on buses or shanks’ pony.

Gidders:
The intention is to return to the early days of motoring when only those with wealth and influence could run a car. Us working class types will be back on buses or shanks’ pony.

Back to the same levels of social mobility that our working class grandparents had to endure, it’s hardly progress is it, and as for ‘equality’ that the silly woke leftist middle class brigade like to bang the drum about while pretending to be empathetic :unamused:

bigstraight6:

Gidders:

Back to the same levels of social mobility that our working class grandparents had to endure, it’s hardly progress is it, and as for ‘equality’ that the silly woke leftist middle class brigade like to bang the drum about while pretending to be empathetic :unamused:

The useful idiots have been played like a fiddle.They only need a wage expectation that pays to run a bicycle or a few rail journeys just like the 1930’s.

Carryfast:

stu675:

lancpudn:

It’s clear that this control freak agenda has absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with repossession of cars from bad debtors.
I just wish that I’d been born 10 preferably 20 years earlier.

I should imagine it wont be long before they can shut down individual cars at will with this tech, I read all of BMW’s PHEV models are geofenced whereas the ICE will automatically shut down when entering a CAZ/ULEZ & run on electric only, They’ve been trialling it in London & Birmingham since 2020.

Good lady and i were talking about this type of thing only today, making plans to cut our cars down to one when i finally pack up work.

I mentioned how she’d miss the power and grip from her pocket rocket, quite rightly she replied nowhere to use it now, too much traffic too many cameras etc, she added we’ve lived through the best motoring years our country will ever see, all downhill from now.

Those who own western govts weren’t joking when they said you will own nothing and you will be happy, presumably he meant happy with your lot given the pleb class won’t have a choice.

Carryfast:
They only need a wage expectation that pays to run a bicycle

The upside is,you don’t need to go to work much.

commonrail:

Carryfast:
They only need a wage expectation that pays to run a bicycle

The upside is,you don’t need to go to work much.

Wage expectation as in lower hourly rate in real terms which will only buy a bicycle for the same hours as before and you’ll be happy with it.Like the cold downsized house heated to 18 degrees C max in the winter and bugs for dinner.

Bail out.
Watch the fkrs squeel…when it all collapses.
Who was it that asked for retired folk,to consider returning to work?
■■■■ em.
I earn the bare minimum…which only takes 2 days.
Won’t be going to benidorm,this year…but not going to work on Monday.

commonrail:
Bail out.
Watch the fkrs squeel…when it all collapses.
Who was it that asked for retired folk,to consider returning to work?
[zb] em.

What they actually mean is forego the pension cash that they owe you.
There was never any law which says that anyone can’t work and draw their pension if they feel like it.

Gidders:

You’re not wrong, EU legislators are currently working on the ETS 2 market for ‘transportation and housing’, There will still be 150 million older ICE vehicles on the roads across EU/UK after the petrol/diesel ban. The ETS 2 will be a cap-and-trade auction scheme with limited CO2 allowances limiting emissions of old and new vehicles.
They aren’t going to make it easy for older ICE cars when they’re literally banning new ICE cars with very little emissions from the tailpipe.