Ford Cargo's (request)

G’day,
Here’s a couple from my collection,Stofords one taken in thier yard in 1990 and the other taken in Aug 95 in west Wales,feel free to use them mate,let me know the address of the site so I can check in out. I saw a 6x4 curtain sider the other day,there are a few cargos still running around NZ,heaps of D series still on the road here too. I worked on a few sweepers in the UK they had Johnson sweeper body on them,with duel controls. It was my job as an apprentice to steam clean them before MOT testing,now this was before peolpe used to pooper scoop thier dog turds. When you got under 'em you could smell dog s##t but couldn’t see it,the big brush that went right across the middle would manage to distribute it realy well and as soon as I hit the underside with my water blaster I was soaked it what I hoped wasn’t s##t. Not my favortie job on a Monday morning in Feb. Cheers Jamie

so i went to get some photos for a freind yesterday, and these cargos are still in use with d j spall recovery of suffolk. one has recently been recabbed due to rot

well this one isnt being used!

feel free to use them if you want mate

Here’s a Cargo still working hauling lime into the Welsh Hills, a hard life for any lorry. This one belongs to Wesley Jones who is behind the wheel, pictured 19th June 2009, until recently he ran an A reg Cargo.

a few cargos still going strong in holland , i really liked the cargos , i also liked the D-cabs and the transcons :sunglasses:

still in use by the first owner , he bought it new in the mid 80`s

a german cargo

heres one i spied the day

and a d series

fryske:
here’s my Ford Cargo pictures – rusty and shiny

Cargo graveyard in Norfolk -

tidy 4 wheeler at last years Great Dorset

artic beast at Gaydon – the bigger cargoes are much better looker trucks

retired tipper in wildest Herefordshire - visible on Google Earth - a beast!

same tipper

buried - stored-up cab

graveyard again

kidderminster shunter - very shiny, very loud and still powering around kiddy

That Kiddy shunter is from my old comany White Arrow Express (Kays) Worcester.

Spotted this Ford Cargo still working in the Kingdom of Fife. It was parked in a lay-by near Dunfermline, about three weeks ago…

If you want to use this photo, feel free.
Alex

G’day,
I spoted this one today,a little unusual in that it’s a “Sterling” Cargo.I’ve seen the localy built ones in Turkey and the South American ones,but not one of these before. I’m pretty sure that Sterings are only made in Australia,don’t think they’re made in the states. They made a few different models that are basically Fords with a different badge.
Note the round headlights,different grill and that it is a 2000 model,what year did Ford stop making the Cargo?

Cheers Jamie

This was the only cargo British International operated all their other fords were Transcontinentals

When i got married in barbados 3 weeks ago there was quite a few cargos and a few D series going about mostly overloaded and bald tyres(No mot on the island) This 1 i saw a lot as it was just up the road from the hotel and it was loud and lots of smoke from the exhaust…

I drove one on nights at United carriers. I think it was a Salford Van Hire motor, we did 2 trips to Boston from Howden collecting the trunk from Fogarty Furnishings. I doubt there were any speed cameras on the A17 in those days as the bloody things would catch pigeons :laughing:

I drove Cargo’s at Fashionflows York depot during the 80’s and I liked them, they were a lot more comfortable than the older D series. Ours were powered by the Perkins V8 and the early ones had a straight 6 box in and the later ones had an 8 speed range change in. None of them were particularly powerful but we never used them for heavy work, just shop deliveries to M&S. I have some pics of them and even a tape recording of one leaving the depot (how sad is that) but you won’t hear many of 'em about today !
When I can get my 'ed round it I’ll post the pics on 'ere for yer!
regards doublereduction.

I had a 91 Cargo.It was an 813,six cyl,five speed.Was a nice little truck and didnt use more diesel than my transits did.I remember buying new cab spares from a company around Donnie who I think were importing them from Brasil where they were still being made in the early 2000`s.

I took my test in a D series back in 77 not sure what model but had a 6 speed g/box a guy from the east end of london had an office in leyton high rd cannot remember his name or the driving school name though he was an old rock and roller had a “da” haircut and loved rock and roll pubs he used to be an o/d with scania doing m/east before he was instructing, this d series was a pile of you know what if you fellas remember the d series had a pull out handbrake from the dash and you just twisted it to let it off well this one had been converted to a funny little on off toggle switch which worked the air and you had to lean into the dashboard to let it off I nearly rolled back on the hill start but got away with it good memories

This was me dads he used to use it for HGV training

And heres after it was fixed.

Here is the one I drove for Zinc Alloy (Rochdale) they got it in '82, I thought it was luxury after the Dodge Hi-Line they had before it with no power steering.

remember Stobarts used to love em , especially drawbars ~ used to see alot around Corby & Wrexham late 80s .here`s an original Advert for them .Early ones had same interior as XR3s :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

This thread is a nightmare :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

I would rather look a photos of Tony Blair’s right ear FFS.

Keep them coming chaps. Looking forward to seeing them. They will be uploaded to my site (with permission) so every picture helps.

Pat Hasler:
This thread is a nightmare :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

I would rather look a photos of Tony Blair’s right ear FFS.

If you do not like them, why did you look at a topic entitled “Ford Cargo’s (request)”? You must be mad… lol.

found this on big lorryblog