Ford Cargo 1846T

seen 1 of these on the 25 near Dartford this morning and thought I was seeing things when I seen the Ford badge on the front.
anyone else seen 1? [attachment=-1]uploadfromtaptalk1399478852642.jpg[/attachment][attachment=-1]uploadfromtaptalk1399478875317.jpg[/attachment]

uploadfromtaptalk1399478875317.jpg

Doesnt look bad, wonder where thats made, and would it have the ford engine, or a ■■■■■■■■ just a thought, i know Ford have various plants throughout europe so could be made anywhere, even Turkey has a plant, but i think theyre all geared up to make cars, any thoughts gentleman !

Think these are made in Turkey :question:

Read all about it here.

commercialmotor.com/big-lorr … full-story

Don’t think it’ll be a ■■■■■■■ engine though. Didn’t they give up after Euro 4 came in, hence the demise of Foden?

they are built in turkey but my question is.
how does this stand in with iveco?

One was parked up on the A50 this afternoon by Derby thought it was strange to see a Ford badge again

99% sure the Turkish subsidiary is called Ottosan.

Ken.

Quinny:
99% sure the Turkish subsidiary is called Ottosan.

Ken.

yes you are correct it is built by otosan.
I have also found out that the cab is mounted on air springs that sit on the chassis just like the Renault magnam.

Plenty of pics here: dalnoboi.org/2014/01/Test-dr … 846-T.html

lizard:
they are built in turkey but my question is.
how does this stand in with iveco?

Iveco essentially finished with the ‘Ford’ name when they closed the Langley Plant in 1997, which in itself had ceased production of the Cargo (old Cargo that is) as early as December 1992. Production of the Iveco designed ‘new’ Cargo continued at Langley until closure and for a short time, both old and new Cargo were produced concurrently there.

Iveco had merged with ‘Ford Trucks of Europe’ in 1986 and had 48% share, with Ford having little (only a vested) interest thereafter. Once production of the old Cargo had ceased, Ford essentially divested and left Iveco holding the baby - though by that time there was really nothing that was ‘Ford’ left on the books, so the old company was essentially defunct. AFAIK Iveco sold their part of the old Cargo cab rights to Ashok Leyland thereafter and it is still produced there today. All other Ford activity outside of Europe has nowt to do with Iveco (AFAIK)…i.e. Brazil, Turkey et al.

These have been about a while in Eastern Europe and Russia I took these near Moscow in 2012

image.jpg

image.jpg

These were around in a slightly different form in 2001, I was at TRUCK mag then and we ran a brief story on them.

I’ve seen one about half a dozen times operated by turk company orkun silver cab,seen it last week going through gent,seen it in UK as well,cab only looks small about as big as axor

de rooys have at least one doesn’t look very nice in grubby orange

Looks like the new Renault?

was trying to put a previous make and model to its shell then realised that its a Mercedes axor.

That’s a smart looking truck

Dotty D:
That’s a smart looking truck

ive got to admit that I quite like its design but won’t be too sure about its ride unless I get a chance to see for me self.