For ZB sake......

First, I was waiting an hour and half outside a store, when they eventually got round to tipping me, the bloody load was loaded back to front so now at the second store to tip and no one is letting me in, patience is now running extremely thin now, at this rate I’ll be out time for the second time this week :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

Not good. Get on the blower to the depot and explain the situation. Longest I’ve had to wait is just over an hour and I got told to return to the depot.

Does it happen often then running out of time?

You mean getting to your 8hrs or 15hrs? Thought your outfit was famous for only doing 8hr shifts…!?:lol:

Always check the load sheet on the paperwork, if it aint right get it tipped and reloaded before you leave. The chimps in the warehouse deserve stringing up.

Pimpdaddy:
You mean getting to your 8hrs or 15hrs? Thought your outfit was famous for only doing 8hr shifts…!?:lol:

3 x 15 hours for me last week, if you want the hours they are there. Also if you dont want them, I know drivers who go home after 8-9 hours

DAF95XF:
First, I was waiting an hour and half outside a store, when they eventually got round to tipping me, the bloody load was loaded back to front so now at the second store to tip and no one is letting me in, patience is now running extremely thin now, at this rate I’ll be out time for the second time this week :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

Nah !! You’ve just done your run in the wrong order :laughing:

Tarrman:
Not good. Get on the blower to the depot and explain the situation. Longest I’ve had to wait is just over an hour and I got told to return to the depot.

Yes that’s why they use trampers a lot,I just get told to just make sure shop gets tipped then park it up,but because I’m days,they need the truck,I always get back somehow :wink:
Often see planned days of 15/16/ 18 hrs on iso-trac so in that case there’s a fair chance you’ll run out,just think there pushing limits to see what they can get done by truck/ driver in a shift/day.
You do get days of 1 run/ 5 hrs but in the main there pushing for 2/3 runs plus collections,more runs =£££££££££££££.
1 run for £700 ,or 3 for £2,100 ( dependent on drops ), £7 p.h ,whether it’s 1 hr or 15hrs,not rocket science to know most days there going to run driver/ truck to limit and beyond.

Tarrman:

What depot you out of mate??

Its a regular occurance having to wait, I waited at a store for 4 1/2 hours the other day, im back at the same store this morning and ive been here 1 3/4 hours already and still waiting, I dint care really, paid by the hour so ill wait all day if needs be. I wouldnt do this store on a 2nd run as likely to be delayed, im getting used to the stores that are slow so know where not to go on 2nd runs if I do one

dozy:

Tarrman:

Yes that’s why they use trampers a lot,I just get told to just make sure shop gets tipped then park it up,but because I’m days,they need the truck,I always get back somehow :wink:
Often see planned days of 15/16/ 18 hrs on iso-trac so in that case there’s a fair chance you’ll run out,just think there pushing limits to see what they can get done by truck/ driver in a shift/day.
You do get days of 1 run/ 5 hrs but in the main there pushing for 2/3 runs plus collections,more runs =£££££££££££££.
1 run for £700 ,or 3 for £2,100 ( dependent on drops ), £7 p.h ,whether it’s 1 hr or 15hrs,not rocket science to know most days there going to run driver/ truck to limit and beyond.

Who’s “they”■■ I dont know of any tesco trampers or any 15/16/18 hour planned days, how can someone be planned an 18 hour day?? Its illegal surely??

Tarrman:

Trust me I did and they said I had to wait, my reply to that was watch the tracker then :wink:

[/quote]
I did a 17 the other day :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

selby newcomer:

Pimpdaddy:

3 x 15 hours for me last week, if you want the hours they are there. Also if you dont want them, I know drivers who go home after 8-9 hours

Not so on nights, THEY make you do them, if you don’t want to do it THEY make you do it :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:
You get treated better at ■■■■■■■ play school…

Thought it was the worlds best job

Ah mate, should use your spare digi card like the poles and romanians do bud, thats why Tesco are so pushy, Lost keepin it real :smiley:

The joys of fresh deliveries and being kept waiting. If the risk assessment says fridge motors off, go inside, see store manager, ask him to sign notes saying they will accept the delivery if the fridge have been off for x amount of hours. Soon gets you in. Alternatively, put fridge on constant instead of start-stop. Then when you get in, tell them you can’t pick up RSU because you’ve been sat there so long.

With regards to the loading, whenever I get a drop with 2 or more superstores/extras on, you always have to check the load plan/manifest. Very often, you’ll find that the first store will have maybe only 5 cages of frozen and everything else is for the second store. Frozen is always on the headboard so there’s no point in going to the first store first. Especially if it’s a tail lift or scissor lift store, the backdoor man will think you’re extracting the urine.

kr79:
Thought it was the worlds best job

:lol::lol::lol:

selby newcomer:

Tarrman:

What depot you out of mate??

Its a regular occurance having to wait, I waited at a store for 4 1/2 hours the other day, im back at the same store this morning and ive been here 1 3/4 hours already and still waiting, I dint care really, paid by the hour so ill wait all day if needs be. I wouldnt do this store on a 2nd run as likely to be delayed, im getting used to the stores that are slow so know where not to go on 2nd runs if I do one

Tesco Widnes although I’m with ESL. Never have I been planned a rediculous shift before. If anything I tell them what I want to do. I’m normally planned average 10 hours but if I get back early enough they’ll ask if I want I do another.

Regarding split loads, if it looks like you have to strip the trailer to get to a few cages on the headboard (I always check before I leave) then assuming there’s no delivery restrictions (ie no delivery past a certain time) to adhere to I can get it swapped around and go the other store first.

There was one occasion where I was on break and a job got loaded on the isotrak that put me half hour over my 15. I went into the office and they appogised before I could say anything and it was changed.

I have to say I’ve never really been put in a position where I may be out of hours. I’ve been asked if I can get it there before a certain time but never been pushed to break the law.

I should mention aswell regarding the fridge noise. Even on nights when I get there I leave the fridge blasting especially if I have frozen on. On one occasion I got to a store and switched the motor off (as you’re required to do so) and was there for 50 minutes in the baking sunshine. Needless to say the temps weren’t right and it very nearly got refused (they had to temp probe every cage).

selby newcomer:
Always check the load sheet on the paperwork, if it aint right get it tipped and reloaded before you leave. The chimps in the warehouse deserve stringing up.

I think the same can be said for many warehouses!
The paperwork may be in the right order,but that’s not to say that the load is in the same order.