For those who dont do enough driving already . .

. . . you can spend all of your free time at home on your computer

. . . driving

looks intriguing but i’ll wait till some-one else downloads it and tries it out :unamused:

looks quite good graphics wise but not ready yet ■■?

how do you download and play it

I wonder if you will be able to remove fuses and race other trucks :smiling_imp:

Kenny1975:
I wonder if you will be able to remove fuses and race other trucks :smiling_imp:

you will just have to wait for the IRELAND expansion :slight_smile:

Just hope there’s no Eastern European ones; don’t want the underside of my PC smelling of ■■■■! :laughing:

SCS have been doing the “18 Wheels of Steel” Franchise for about 10 years now, they have those big arcade games, and also about 7 different PC games based on North America released.

They also did “Bus Driver” last year I think.

My 10 year old Cousin loves to play their games on his PC…whenever we go to theirs at Christmas he gets me to sit playing them with him for hours.

I even downloaded a Stralis and a Scanny for him last time I was there, I can’t remember if it was for “Haulin’” or “Across America” but it was one of the two.

Youtube has some clips of it:

My only complaint is that in every SCS game I’ve ever played the steering is either full lock left or full lock right, hardly a gentle ride!

Alex

Be good as well if you could get out the cab, have a fight mode where you beat up the guy in the orange car in that youtube vid.

I would quite like to play one with realitic truck driving experience but since i drive a truck most days of the week, i know id only be playing it to ■■■■ about, def dont want too realstic, here sit in a traffic jam for an 3 hours on the M25, or goto a RDC sit in your cab for 5 years waiting to get unloaded.

Would be fun tho realitic driving, to be able to thrash it, or see how badly you can crash it :slight_smile: have a competition who can create the largest pile up

I’ve played about with these simulators before.

I either sink, crash into a mountain or drive off a cliff.

Bloody harder than in real life - the driving ones at least.

I’ll keep an eye out for it.

Found 18 wheels of steal haulin on a bit torrent site, now i,m lookin for some Euro map mods and some Euro trucks, seen a Dutch vid of a Scania R610 looked quite cool.

gnasty gnome:
Just hope there’s no Eastern European ones; don’t want the underside of my PC smelling of ■■■■! :laughing:

Best stop ■■■■■■■ under there then, 'cos most Brit wagons are just as bad. :unamused:

I’d do what I’ve always wanted to do. When coming up behind miss daisy in her micra at 35 on a single track road, I’d love to carry on driving, flashing and sounding my horn, and just hit her, and push her along at MY speed.

I’d make sure all 28 tons of paper go off the side in Germany because I didn’t strap the load, and I’d knock paddy into the ditch. I’d overtake (horror of horrors)in an overtake ban zone and I’d simply run over the clampers in Gloucester and Dartford. I’d knock over the security hut at Costco, Magna park and I’d smoke!

ezydriver:
I’d do what I’ve always wanted to do. When coming up behind miss daisy in her micra at 35 on a single track road, I’d love to carry on driving, flashing and sounding my horn, and just hit her, and push her along at MY speed.

I’d make sure all 28 tons of paper go off the side in Germany because I didn’t strap the load, and I’d knock paddy into the ditch. I’d overtake (horror of horrors)in an overtake ban zone and I’d simply run over the clampers in Gloucester and Dartford. I’d knock over the security hut at Costco, Magna park and I’d smoke!

Whilst all the while giving a running commentary on yer hand-held mobile, natch! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

gnasty gnome:

or crashing :laughing:

i play haulin all the time, have a european map on my version, and have converted most of the units over to euro units, scanias, ivecos, mercs, volvos etc, some great looking european trailers available for download for it as well, great game!

beattun:
i play haulin all the time, have a european map on my version, and have converted most of the units over to euro units, scanias, ivecos, mercs, volvos etc, some great looking european trailers available for download for it as well, great game!

Where is a good place to download Euro Maps and Euro trucks.

truckpol.proboards35.com/index.c … intheworks

be prepared to dig and dig deep

euro trucks and maps can be got from:

haulin.iz.cz

If anyone wants “their” truck in the game I can re-texture any ones you can download if you can provide me with enough pictures from angles.

I’ve got plenty of time at the moment… not going to be working again until January!

Might do a TruckNet truck and trailer if I get bored enough later on.

Alex

If you can play this online then I can see a Trucknet Grand Prix on the cards! :wink: :smiley: