for spuds sake

shropshirestar.com/news/2012 … ry-driver/

I drive tater trucks, you have a lot of weight high up in a curtainsider…Looking at the sign for the bend, I think I could probably work out what has happened.

50 tonnes!!! :open_mouth:

That looks like phatom dads company?

50 ton of totties + 15 ton lorry = 65 ton woooooo now

“The truck was carrying upwards of 50 tonnes of potatoes".

Must be a Special Types potato lorry. :wink:

Thetaff:

:laughing: I reckon the reporter has gone to the Volvo website and found the specified gross trainweight and then made the usual mistakes :unamused:

att:

Thetaff:

:laughing: I reckon the reporter has gone to the Volvo website and found the specified gross trainweight and then made the usual mistakes :unamused:

Even worse than that, it looks like it was the police spokesman that said it!

Harry Monk:

“The truck was carrying upwards of 50 tonnes of potatoes".

Must be a Special Types potato lorry. :wink:

It isn’t that special, there was a curtainsider on here last week that was 44 feet high. Think how many potatoes you could fit on that!

Looks like an ex marsh motor. If it was 50t then it must have been subbing for marsh, as I saw one of theirs in kolak grossing 53t on the bridge :open_mouth:

OVLOV JAY:
Looks like an ex marsh motor. If it was 50t then it must have been subbing for marsh, as I saw one of theirs in kolak grossing 53t on the bridge :open_mouth:

I’ve pulled onto a weighbridge grossing 53 tonnes, and that was in the days when we ran at 38 tonnes. :wink:

Looks like a Marsh motor might be a A B TEXEL trailer on if it weighs 50 tonnes !!

The vehicle used to be a marsh motor but was sold a while ago, dont know who owns it now

Lucky me didn’t crash head on, he could have been mashed!