For night outers

Just to let anybody who parks up just off junction 22 of the M5 Weston super mare.
By the old Lidl distribution centre . They now have signs all around that area with no HGV parking signs between 8pm & 7am .
Have no clue or no of no reason why this has happened.
The hero status of key worker and driver shortage problems has as expected worn off , we are yet again pushed down the working pecking order , how dare we park up where we’re not wanted.

Well I wouldn’t park there simply because there’s no pub. But if I was forced to then I’d park INSIDE Lidl’s as opposed to near it.

It’s next to a housing estate, and people walk along the path, and walk their dogs. Not park thre for months, but I guess it was turned into a tip/toilet.

Only a matter of time…

:astonished:

the maoster:
Well I wouldn’t park there simply because there’s no pub. But if I was forced to then I’d park INSIDE Lidl’s as opposed to near it.

When I was down that area I used to drive into town spin it by the Bristol arms and park in the coach park presuming that it’s bit the dust

Happy Trucker1:
Just to let anybody who parks up just off junction 22 of the M5 Weston super mare.
By the old Lidl distribution centre . They now have signs all around that area with no HGV parking signs between 8pm & 7am .
Have no clue or no of no reason why this has happened.
The hero status of key worker and driver shortage problems has as expected worn off , we are yet again pushed down the working pecking order , how dare we park up where we’re not wanted.

I’d argue we never GOT that kind of status in the Press… “Greedy HGV drivers refuse to return to work unless they get a substantial improvement in T&Cs AND Pay” was what I was reading everywhere…

Notice how the public take for total granted that there was no real shortage of food - just non-food items like Toilet Rolls and Fuel during the lockdown… It was the EU that told us we’d starve if we did Brexit, stopped buying food from them, and ended up paying through the nose to buy it from our own farmers… Hmm I’m still trying to work out the exact line to Poverty from there…

I asked for a key worker discount in Morrisons about a year ago, flashed my HGV licence, and of course got a polite refusal. Other than a few funny looks from those standing around, I then quickly walked away whilst other “customers” with rather ill-fitting NHS uniforms were ushered through to get their discounts. Not all the money lost to “Fraud” was about “Furlough Grants being Pocketed” I suggest here…

“Impersonating an NHS worker” - must have cost the economy a few billion as well, by the looks of it!