For bikers

Now considering it has been 20 years since being on a bike, one of the drivers said do you want a lift in so i said yes :unamused: the last bike i went on was a 250 super dream, just been on his Ninja, still got my hair left but waiting for the feeling to come back to my hands, i was gripping the handles that tight.
The power was amazing it was like comparing a mini to a formula one car, and just as i was getting back in the swing of it he went for it :open_mouth:. now i am like a big kid, again, again, my turn. Brilliant :laughing:

I took this out yesterday for a test ride, still smiling :smiley:

Its a Kawasaki Z1000 naked sports

Nice bike Wheel Nut :smiley:

Certainly a nice bike convoy, but it’s a 4 cylinder.

I prefer a V Twin so I tried a Suzuki as well, similar to mine but a few more horses :stuck_out_tongue:

The scariest/most fun pillion ride I ever had was with Ron Haslam round Donington Park. £25 well spent and a good job I was wearing my own leathers with the washable lining :open_mouth:.

Liberace:
The scariest/most fun pillion ride I ever had was with Ron Haslam round Donington Park. £25 well spent and a good job I was wearing my own leathers with the washable lining :open_mouth:.

Im not that brave Lib, I did a track day at Donington and Niall Mackenzie was doing pillion rides. He passed me with a ■■■■■■■ the back like I was broken down :open_mouth:

Nice bike :smiley:

I was only attracted by the bling :smiley: The exhaust pipes are Gold as are the bars, the wheels are polished and painted chrome alloy and the bikes come in either lime green, orange or black :stuck_out_tongue:

Wheel Nut:
Certainly a nice bike convoy, but it’s a 4 cylinder.

I prefer a V Twin so I tried a Suzuki as well, similar to mine but a few more horses :stuck_out_tongue:

I got a suzuki TL1000R V twin,had it 3 years now,absolutely love it,its not the fastest on the market to what you can get now,gets to 100 in no time but the look of it the speed, sound and smoothness,give me a ■■■■■ everytime I get on it,which unfortunately is rare at the moment :wink: :wink: :cry:

Wheel Nut:

I took this out yesterday for a test ride, still smiling :smiley:

Its a Kawasaki Z1000 naked sports

I cant seem to see the airbags and seat belt are they fitted when you buy it?.

Wheel Nut:

Liberace:

Im not that brave Lib, I did a track day at Donington and Niall Mackenzie was doing pillion rides. He passed me with a ■■■■■■■ the back like I was broken down :open_mouth:

Well, he went up the inside of someone with me breaking his ribs and actually took his left hand off the bars and waved them on :laughing:. The bloke “Thought he was doing well” :laughing:.

Wheel Nut:
I was only attracted by the bling :smiley: The exhaust pipes are Gold as are the bars, the wheels are polished and painted chrome alloy and the bikes come in either lime green, orange or black :stuck_out_tongue:

Get the polish out :open_mouth:.

up untill last week i have not rode a bike for 8 months or so. i sold my cbr 1000 to my brother.
well last saturday i had to go to tamworth to pick up a bike for my brother in law.
he,s 41 and has not ridden a bike for twenty years or so. hes taking his test in the next few weeks.
well, the bike which he bought was a gsx 600r, 10 months old and i have to say that this is the fastest, best handling bike i have ever ridden. ok, i know there are faster bkes out there but this is a 600 cc flying machine. awesome power but also the most uncomfortable machine i have rode also. by the time i got back to kings lynn i was in agony.back,neck etc.
well he is a lot smaller than me so he shuld be ok, but this bike imho is way to much for a novice.
he promised that he would not ride it till he had passed his test but he took it out earlier this week for a short run around the block. he said that when it took off, he realised that he has bought the wrong bike :wink: i did tell him :open_mouth: and now i think he is going to get something a bit more sedate.

Dave, I agree with your sentiment about a gixxer 6. they are too much for born agains.

Tell him to go to a suzuki dealer and test ride an SV650s, they are a proper bike for novice or new riders, V Twin, lots of torque, engine braking and they handle remarkably well… Stick the Gixxer on Ebay and get an SV for a £1 deposit.

I have just ordered an SV1000SZ which is the modern equivalent of a TLR :stuck_out_tongue:

And after a slight delay or time warp, here it is :smiley:

125 horses and me :stuck_out_tongue:

Its a brilliant bike, superb brakes and suspenders and is purported to do 160 occifer

I swapped my 650 for this and I havent stopped smiling yet

I’d show you a pic of my bike, but i can’t get it to upload! :imp:

It’s a good blast when you’re stuck at 56 all week I want one of these tho’

Wheelnut ,your dead right about the SV 650 cracking bike for a newbie. A lot of people fall into the same trap they see the bike think they can handle it, but just don’t ( and there is no way they can) realise how stunningly fast modern bikes are. Trouble is modern bikes are a victim of their own sucess. The better they get the more people want to ban them.
Iv’e got an XJR 1300 because it looks like a bike ought and it’s got loads of muscle. It also makes a good commuter and tourer and if you force it it will go around corners quite quickly.
If I could post pictures on here there would be one.

Knight and Gnasty Gnome, to get photos to show in a post, first they have to be hosted in an on-line photo site.

Here are links to three sites which do it for free.
Image Cave
Photo Bucket
and of course our own
TruckNet UK Photo Store.

You have to register with whichever one you decide to join, but storing photos is free. They all have a limit but there is nothing to stop you joining all 3, which would give you plenty of storage space. The best size for photos, to stop them being too wide for a page, is 600 x 460.
Image cave is very good for this, it has an image resizer in the tools link.
Once you post your picture in Image Cave there are a series of links you can use to suit the different types of bulletin boards. You just copy and paste the appropriate link into your post, in our case the link starts and finishes with .
I haven’t yet used Photo Bucket so I can’t comment on that. I would recommend Image Cave over the Trucknet one because it is so easy to use.

~Thanks Simon I’ll have a go at that when I’ve got more time. got my Photo’s on a site called WEBSHOTS.