For anyone using A17 today

Just a heads up,there’s a Fowler Welch in the ditch just after Cranwell westbound side of the road.
It was in there when I passed going east around half six and still there coming back west around half 12 tonight,might be waiting for daylight to drag it out,it’s upright but they’ll probably need to shut road for an hour to pull it out…

Still there Wednesday 1400hrs.

It’s gone,they were dragging it out when I passed at 1920 tonight came back at 0130 and it had gone,had police aware tape around back of trailer :smiley: :smiley:

Fowler welchski popped it in the ditch surprise suprise

Saw it the other night, gone last night. I googled for a17 accident the morning after I saw it but couldn’t find any reports on that. Must be a non event then. I’ve been overtaken by artics more than a few times on that particular stretch of road though so not too surprised myself. Or maybe he had to ditch it to avoid head butting another one?

^^^^ you’ve been overtaken by other artics on that stretch? Not having a pop here but were you travelling below the speed limit? If you were at the limit then they are absolutely suicidal to even attempt that with such a low speed differential.

Having said that I often catch lorries along there travelling at 40mph or less who suddenly manage to find the loud pedal once on one of the rare d/c sections.

the maoster:
^^^^ you’ve been overtaken by other artics on that stretch? Not having a pop here but were you travelling below the speed limit? If you were at the limit then they are absolutely suicidal to even attempt that with such a low speed differential.

Having said that I often catch lorries along there travelling at 40mph or less who suddenly manage to find the loud pedal once on one of the rare d/c sections.

Yes. Always flat out on the Sleaford section then back to 40mph when the d/c ends eastbound or at A15 rbt going the other way. I’ve called their bluff on how big their ■■■■■■■■ are plenty of times eastbound at the Long Sutton services rbt by taking the right-hand lane and seeing if they are brave enough to risk having the side of my trailer take their mirror off going round the rbt. Plenty of horn and lights but always managed to get past and leave them for dust down to Kings Lynn as they continue to play their pathetic game of seeing how long a queue they can gather behind them.

Not as easy to do westbound, your only chance is either to have a better limiter than them on the Sleaford d/c and late brake for the rbt, or be at max weight and drop it out of gear as you come over the B1157 fly-over which should get you most of the way past them before it levels out.

Glad I don’t go down that way anymore. My most hated road by far other than 3am on a Sunday morning when you’ve got it to yourself.

the maoster:

I set my CC at 49.5-50mph (old school speed limit)
I should point out that this is happening at nigh, 1-2a.m. when traffic is light. I also stay at 50 or 52 when going down the steep descent further west (the one with 2 lanes going up but only 1 down). I’ve been overtaken there too but only once.

What can I say - I pity the poor buggers whose runs are planned at 10%+the speed limits.

Mick Bracewell:

the maoster:

Yes. Always flat out on the Sleaford section then back to 40mph when the d/c ends eastbound or at A15 rbt going the other way. I’ve called their bluff on how big their ■■■■■■■■ are plenty of times eastbound at the Long Sutton services rbt by taking the right-hand lane and seeing if they are brave enough to risk having the side of my trailer take their mirror off going round the rbt. Plenty of horn and lights but always managed to get past and leave them for dust down to Kings Lynn as they continue to play their pathetic game of seeing how long a queue they can gather behind them.

Not as easy to do westbound, your only chance is either to have a better limiter than them on the Sleaford d/c and late brake for the rbt, or be at max weight and drop it out of gear as you come over the B1157 fly-over which should get you most of the way past them before it levels out.

Glad I don’t go down that way anymore. My most hated road by far other than 3am on a Sunday morning when you’ve got it to yourself.

I regularly meet drivers like you. That’s because I’m not rushed or chased by the office. I find that any notion of overtaking me on a roundabout (other than a proper multi lane approach/roundabout/exit) is quickly discouraged when I take the racing line.

The other truck mounting the island because he’s run out of talent is a bonus, and never fails to make me chuckle… :sunglasses: