For anyone on umbrella/ltd status or Travel to work

worth reading for those who think it will be removed/outlawed.

but it does look like changes will be coming.

gov.uk/government/uploads/s … penses.pdf

A long and certainly interesting read. My interpretation of it was basically that it was aimed at umbrella companies and not Ltd Companies, or certainly not one man band and individuals who set themselves up as a Ltd and do all there own accounting and payroll. It seems to me they are looking at ways of stopping the way the majority of umbrella companies operate.

Whether or not it ever comes to anything is another matter, also I am the only one who thinks the government has made sure this has come to the fore with an election in May and a possible way to win a few more votes?

i agree i thought it was aimed more at the ‘umbrealla’ type than the ltd guy, but apparently they are consulting the likes of nova etc on this so all is not lost i guess.

war1974:
i agree i thought it was aimed more at the ‘umbrealla’ type than the ltd guy, but apparently they are consulting the likes of nova etc on this so all is not lost i guess.

What I read is, its aimed at agencies using umbrella companies to pay staff less than minimum wage, by making up the difference with travel expenses and meal allowances, and in turn robbing the tax man.

Doesn’t surprise me they’re targetting travel expenses given these will be the biggest amount claimed by those working for umbrella companies etc.

It is from looks aimed at agency/umbrella lot but if they find someone bet it’s poor driver who gets a bill.

I’m on umbrella, not by choice at moment and they can’t understand why I won’t claim any expenses or mileage. Until I figure out what they are saying I can claim and why I’ll miss it out for now. Still figuring how my nett is more than my gross!!

Funny how hitting a blank wall when I ask for a description of how their payslips are laid out !