Footwear

Do you prefer boots or shoes when driving and working?
What make have you found best?

any slip ons if you need to move around the cab, as they are easy to take off when you are in the drivers seat

Trainers with steel toe-caps for me. I don’t have to walk around in muck or fuel spills so they stay fairly clean most of the time.

steel toe cap shoes for lorry driving and soft soled shoes for car driving.

High-Vis:
Do you prefer boots or shoes when driving and working?
What make have you found best?

Always worn boots,wearing a pair of Uvex ordered out of Arco Catalogue,cracking boots.

steel toe capped boots. now i’m in a clean job i have the laces tied deliberately loose so i can slip them on and off easy.

I have always work steel toe caps for driving, but made the change to steel toe caps with mid sole protection about 14 months ago.

The boots dont feel much different, but they give alot of extra protection as i was doing bin work for a while, and didnt fancy stepping on a nail or something simmular at the tip.

i would also reccommed sport insoles, as these soften the inpact of having to jump off things.

got mine from a screwfix shop they were about 45 by de-walt, i basically buy the the cheapest mid price range as they tend to be better constructed, but the way i go through boots arent too expensive to replace [4th pair in 14 months]

Strictly cloggie :unamused: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
'Till I jump out, then steelie cloggies :wink:

Costco sell the dewalt trainer style steel cap shoe for approx £35

If I am using a tail lift with cages and/or pallets I find that steel toecap boots are a necessity - especially to kick back the tail lift guide bars after reversing a bit too enthusiastically :unamused:

I find Stietz Secura boots to be suitably fashionable :sunglasses:

safety trainers 100% of my working life

Slingbacks with a 4" heel for trucking, stillettos for car driving.