Footwear

Following on from my other thread I had my first couple of shifts this weekend.
I was driving in my safety boots, but felt they were not ideal, a few times I struggled with lack of feeling on the pedals.

Was thinking of investing in some safety trainers with thinners soles, the work is RDC type trunk runs / drops so no building sites etc.

Any recommendation’s / suggestions or should I just persevere with what I’ve got?

TIA

I leave my boots on the top step and have trainers that have only ever been worn in the cab.
Keeps the floor clean and my feet comfy.

trevorking1964:
I leave my boots on the top step and have trainers that have only ever been worn in the cab.
Keeps the floor clean and my feet comfy.

Are your boots slip on? Because mine are lace up and I can’t see it working putting them off and on, on the steps

I have lace up boots. I leave the laces slack enough to slip the boits on and off.
Once I’d got them just right, I haven’t touched the laces since.
To be fair, I do spend very little time out of the cab as well.
Works for me though. Lots of the lads at our firm do the same. I picked it up from them.

Rigger boots are best for quick on/off. You soon get used to the feel of the pedals in thick soled steel toe caps

PaddyTheLorryDriver:
Rigger boots are best for quick on/off. You soon get used to the feel of the pedals in thick soled steel toe caps

a lot of tipper driver’s wore rigger boots years ago…but the quarry i worked for at some point banned us from wearing them