Footwear Question

What footwear do you wear for work■■?

Reason i ask is the wife thinks ive got a bit of a footwear fetish as i own 3 pairs of dm’s, 1 pair steelie trainers, 1 pair of steelie shoes, and ive just bought some rigger boots :blush: :blush:

simon

Doc martens :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation:

All my working life I would wear no other :exclamation: Unfortunately they are very rare over here and thus VERY expensive :exclamation:

So at the moment I am wearing Rebok trainers which are very cheap :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
Have found a store selling DM’s and will wait until sale time, but they should still be around $150 :exclamation:

Pat i dont think dm’s are as good as they used to be my last pair only lasted about 12 months then the sole split all down one side

simon

Buffalo trainers with 2 inch platform soles…short legs,see… :blush: :blush: :blush: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Carry a pair of steelies for when needs must, but only wear them if forced, and never for driving. :wink:

Depends what I’m doing. I have a pair of riggers, 2 pairs of steelies, but often only wear a pair of trainers or non steel tc boots.
I find a lot of the steel tc boots very uncomfortable to drive in, so I have more than one pair so I can gently break one pair in whilst wearing another pair.

Simon, If DM’s split they will repair them FOC, but it is easy to do yourself by running a hot blade between the two bits and pressing them together, done it loads of times, … better still get the stiched sole type :exclamation:

Stiletto’s usually,with fishnets and…Oh,sorry.Wrong thread.

Ken.

I only ever wear steelies at work!!!

Most employers insist on it! Quite right IMHO.

Your feet are important! Especially if driving tankers of dangerous goods! If you crash or are involved in a incident…you need them to run like hell! :wink:

We are issued with Steelies, but I find that all the ‘Safety’ boots, like Toe-tectors, or Tuff boots are so uncomfortable and nine times out of ten are the wrong size… because they dont make them in a siuze that fit me…

I did find some steel toe capped boots in a shop called ‘The Gentlemans Club’… they are in most shopping centres… a bit like Eisenegger that sell all ‘supposidly’ expensive stuff at really cheap prices… mine were priced at £119 but they were selling them for £30… been the best thing I ever bought…

Mind you, there is somewthing about a pair of DM Chelsea/dealer boots in cherry red… Mmmmm…

For those of you who go over the water to EU , here in GERMANY

they are strict on what you have on your feet when driveing. The

footwear must be enclosed with a heel if you like to use open

sandals ,it will cost you 30-40euros fine. Also when you are loading

the trailer shoes-boots with steel-caps to hse standards.

Quinny:

Ken.

Well what can i say except :wink:

simon

SimonRS2K:

Quinny:

Ken.

Well what can i say except :wink:

simon

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Quinny:

Ken.

Wrong website too I think you’ll find,Ken.

Dan.

I can’t drive in boots…so Vans Rowley XLT skate trainers for me…steel toe caps stay in my car if the employer is gonna insist.

Last few permanent jobs I’ve had I’ve signed a disclaimer saying I wouldn’t sue if I got hurt.

I nearly managed to get a pair of ‘Terra’ brand, bowling shoe style steel toe caps worth £75 out of a job in a warehouse once though (they were smashing), but I quit before they turned up…cos the job was mind numbing…shame.

Yes I am a trendy ■■■■■■■ :blush:

steelies, health and safety agency insists, and they will kick ya off site for not wearing them…

i like wearing steelies, keeps my legs toned with the weight on me feet… hehe, only an ickle thing, actually look like a human golfclub… hehe lol

Jammy what dya reckon■■? laffs

Steel toe cap ‘Caterpillar’ boots for me.

Had current pair for about two years and still can’t wear them out.

They cost about £80 in the shops but I got mine from Makro for £38. (And there is no VAT on them so that saves 17.5% for a kick off!)

Got my steelies for 20 quid from Lidls :slight_smile:

The cheapest nastiest horrible black steel toecaps that wincanton could find but as they issued them i wear them then if theres an accident they have some responsibility for supplying them.

Pat Hasler:
Doc martens :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation:

All my working life I would wear no other :exclamation: Unfortunately they are very rare over here and thus VERY expensive :exclamation:
:exclamation:

Huh?? Last time I was down in NYC, it seemed that every shoe store in town was selling them cheap. Seems they were going out of style once again.

Galyans has them, although they cost about $140. I’m sure that’s mostly because the exchange rate against the pound stinks right now.

Besides, aren’t you afraid of looking like a yobbo??

Riggers which I started to wear when doing agricultural work as grain etc does not go into riggers as easy.

ASDA were doing steel capped Caterpilla boots for £35.00 ish the other day