Foot & mouth

Got turned back yesterday at Dover with a load of ice cream on bound for France …spent all day at the services for a non dairy load :imp: what a [zb] about :unamused:

Language edit. If it needs stars to get past the auto censor that is the blindingly obvious clue it is not allowed

I remember last time round when the French dug holes in the ports so you had to drive through “disinfectant” as you came off the boat, and where they would search your cab and throw all your food away. Anything at all, too, including chicken sandwiches. I nearly got arrested over that one.

Yet again, the entire continent is laughing openly at Britain. Yet again, the govt have messed up and it is the public who have to pay for it.

Am I ever glad I left. I used to carry milk and cream out from the UK more often than not.

Just wait and see, though. Things will get really out of hand now. I bet the french farmers will have another set to against trucks from the UK again and I also bet the gendarmes will not see it again.

I wish you all the very best of luck. Yet another dark day.

But of course no complaints if a French truck takes the ice cream as a backload.!!!

We do the ocassional load to Paris with those coffee cups that you get in machines. Last Tuesday, our driver got turned back because there was powdered milk in the ■■■■■■ cups.

i had a trailer refused at dover, cos it had petfood on it.
it was reject stuff(damaged boxes, etc, etc) being returned from whence it came, france
only got it shipped when they had a look inside and realised it was biscuit form, not tins of meat

scaniaman:
Got turned back yesterday at Dover with a load of ice cream on bound for France …spent all day at the services for a non dairy load :imp: what a [zb] about :unamused:

Language edit. If it needs stars to get past the auto censor that is the blindingly obvious clue it is not allowed

That’s odd, I thought ice cream was made from milk :blush:
Ah well, you learn something every day.