Foodgrade Tanker

Here’s a few pics of my new truck,well it’s new to me anyway :smiley:

Pump Housing

This is the hydraulic power pack

Nice clean plant to tip in.

Loading Cocoa Butter

Longwayround. thanks for posting those. Very interesting.

I love all the warning notices inside the valve cabinet especially the ‘Drivers should be courteous and helpfull to the customer at all times’.

There’s a few on this board who would struggle to work at your firm, then! :smiley:

David

very nice photos,I have a question i see only one
opening on top of the tank,or do you some small
openings on the top,as i am used to haveing
at least 2-4 on a tank and either 1-2 on a container,
top,

good clear pics & what a clean truck & site

Good Pics :smiley:

good stuff LWR - and good to see a british made DRUM pump on your truck! well, that’s if they still are - we used to take them all over europe from bradford years ago :slight_smile:

brit pete:
very nice photos,I have a question i see only one
opening on top of the tank,or do you some small
openings on the top,as i am used to haveing
at least 2-4 on a tank and either 1-2 on a container,
top,

These trailers have a single hatch with an integral screw on vent .Some receivers unscrew the vent and fit a sterile filter so the hatch can stay closed while unloading.The pump is reversible for self loading. I haven’t seen any multi hatch foodgrade trailers, though it’s all a bit new for me so will have to start looking.

Drum pumps are common over here, I had one on my cement truck at the last job.Denver Gardner is the other brand, they’re good but noisy.

I

Same people now. Drum got bought out by DG. Utterly reliable and good in all weathers IMO. This was my baby!

That was a 34000 litre single potter with hyda drive pump and blower. 3 manways, covered with seal points. I used to take all sorts of stuff. Cocoa butter smells bloody lovely, don’t it? Used to take that to Belgium from the UK, Goole I think.

Best trailer I ever had. The only trouble I had with it was the footvalve would leak if it got really hot.

Your tank looks nice, but I would hate to have to go in to clean it. My back aches just thinking about it.

nice pictures, smart looking truck!

bobthedog:
Same people now. Drum got bought out by DG. Utterly reliable and good in all weathers IMO. This was my baby!

That was a 34000 litre single potter with hyda drive pump and blower. 3 manways, covered with seal points. I used to take all sorts of stuff. Cocoa butter smells bloody lovely, don’t it? Used to take that to Belgium from the UK, Goole I think.

Best trailer I ever had. The only trouble I had with it was the footvalve would leak if it got really hot.

Your tank looks nice, but I would hate to have to go in to clean it. My back aches just thinking about it.

Luckily I don’t have to clean it. These small diameter trailers are designated for sugar products only so it just gets steamed and washed every load. All I have to do is the hoses. :smiley:

I just did the one load of cocoa butter. Smelled like chocolate heaven :smiley: Inside the warehouse was packed floor to ceiling with wooden cases of the stuff,all from Malaysia.
I

I really did enjoy tank work. It was usually possible to keep it clean and it was really easy work.

You are really lucky if you don’t have to go inside at all. I had to scrape mine a few times and it’s not pleasant. Try nitrogen cap loads. I used to ask Customs if they wanted to inspect those loads. “Open up, take a good loooong breath and hold it!” Or try mustard! That was bad!

I used to carry lots of fruit juice and concentrates, and lots of glucose and treacle. If you could get enough steam running then it would come out clean, but there was always enough left to need full washouts before loading the next one. If yours is dedicated then I guess it wouldn’t be so critical.