food???

Hi. I know you are probably all sick of hearing about the DCPC, but it is our first course this weekend. I wanted to pick your brains to see what types of food you would expect if attending a course or what food you have been given at a course… :laughing:

Absolutely none so far, only tea & coffee. Take your sarnies or hope there’s a shop nearby. Mind you, I’m going for the cheapest ones - £50 a module so far.

ugt:
Hi. I know you are probably all sick of hearing about the DCPC, but it is our first course this weekend. I wanted to pick your brains to see what types of food you would expect if attending a course or what food you have been given at a course… :laughing:

At stobarts, we lose our £13 meal allowance! :unamused: :question: but we don’t get thirteen quids worth of KFC! :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: nice little tray of sandwiches made at Appleton! :open_mouth: :unamused: :bulb: :exclamation: which you wouldn’t feed your dead dog! :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

Last 3 years we have got a £4.50 canteen voucher which is just aswell cause i really cant stand buffets its like watching animals at a zoo :laughing:

Take a barbeque it’ll give you something to do.

we got sandwiches,quiche,doghnuts and cream cakes all the veggie ones went uneaten.

I tagged on with a local company to do my first 7 hours cpc and it cost me £38. The food was excellent, 3 platters of food from a local farm shop including pork pies, sausage rolls and sandwiches plus a platter with cake and flapjack. Tea break was also good with a choice of either mars bars or twix. The food alone was worth the money!

I find a plate of inaccuracies about drivers hours rules with a side-serving of MMTM about VOSA fines is popular. :smiley:

1st course I done there was a full hot/cold buffet as much tea/coffee/water as we wanted through out the day ( well it was done in a pub so alcohol if we wished to purchase )

2nd they went & bought sandwiches crisps flapjack from the local supermarket there was tea/coffee making facilities there as well

:smiley: little nibbles on cocktail sticks are good,cos you can use the sticks to prop your eyes open after lunchbreak when the h+s or vosa videos start, :stuck_out_tongue:

xfmatt:
I tagged on with a local company to do my first 7 hours cpc and it cost me £38. The food was excellent, 3 platters of food from a local farm shop including pork pies, sausage rolls and sandwiches plus a platter with cake and flapjack. Tea break was also good with a choice of either mars bars or twix. The food alone was worth the money!

I thought one of the JAUPT approved modules was about health, exercise, diet and well-being :stuck_out_tongue:

Wheel Nut:

xfmatt:

I thought one of the JAUPT approved modules was about health, exercise, diet and well-being :stuck_out_tongue:

You’re kidding?

What next JAUPT approved prostitute murdering and evidence disposal course. :unamused:

Wheel Nut:

xfmatt:

Lol that’s right it is. I was just experimenting the pros and cons of over indulging myself on free food :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

I would imagine it depends what you have paid for the course.

A £50 (or less) course probably won’t have anything more than tea and coffee. A more expensive course may have anything from a buffet to a choice of meals from the canteen.

I’m delivering a course next Sunday where I’m under strict instruction to be finished for lunch at 12:00 cos they are all booked into the local pub for a meal at 12:15. Now that’s spoiling them - and keeping them awake in the afternoon might be a problem.

I used to put a buffet on for every course, now just tea and coffee and a few biscuits. All the buffet did was make a mess and ‘eat’ into my profit :wink: I also got a few comments about the course would be cheaper if you didn’t serve this crap … so I stopped serving the crap (but left the course price as it was!)