Food is back! BEWARE DFDS BEWARE

ive had this email through…

on dfds dov-cal only but give them your lane ticket and dinner is free.

JD , the drivers meals were free on the Brittany ferries routes until they put a stop to it, used to dine like a king and get a waiter or waitress serve your meal on the ship, some drivers were filling carrier bags and pockets with whatever they could grab.

Hi all.See how times have changed.Obviously being a ferry from UK to France the first and second lines are English and French. BUT see the third and fourth,German and Spanish are now relegated to fifth and sixth place. :wink: Mike

Sign of the times, looking after the majoritski … err majority :frowning: :wink:

BEWARE THERE IS A REASON THIS FOOD IS FREE!!! IT’S DIABOLICALY CRAP! !!! ABSOLUTELY DREADFUL AND I WOULDN’T FEED IT TOO PIG’S!!!

It wasn’t many years ago that every meal was free on the ferries and you only paid a supplement for steak. Brittany ferries was good because every driver got a free bottle of wine, but not every driver drank them :stuck_out_tongue:

toby1234abc:
JD , some drivers were filling carrier bags and pockets with whatever they could grab.

And that’s exactly why they started charging for it

raymundo:
Sign of the times, looking after the majoritski … err majority :frowning: :wink:

The word you were looking for was “WiÄ™kszość”.

Glad I was here to help :slight_smile:

Wheel Nut:
It wasn’t many years ago that every meal was free on the ferries and you only paid a supplement for steak. Brittany ferries was good because every driver got a free bottle of wine, but not every driver drank them :stuck_out_tongue:

Before the bottle of wine, they used to use jugs and didn’t mind refilling them either :smiley: Portsmouth was a problem as you was not allowed to park in the docks to finish split break but spent many 8 hour periods parked in Poole and the french ports.

Think the vin rouge was watered down, it was very weak and quite acidic, but should not complain as it was free then.
If you ordered steak blue it was red with blood oozing out as they only flash fried it in the pan to sear the outside part of the steak, my tum would give me gib the next day, and i used to see some drivers stopping to throw up on the way down.
Some on here may recall the days of going most of the day on the free national roads.
From Cherbourg you could hug the coast all the way to Mont Saint Michael, with the sea on your right, going through small fishing villages.
Weight limits and toll road is “obliquataire” for the driver now.
So you are forced to eat on the motorway restaurants, which is high in price but some you get 25 % off if you are a LGV driver.

toby1234abc:
If you ordered steak blue it was red with blood oozing out as they only flash fried it in the pan to sear the outside part of the steak

That sounds like steak blue to me.

Remember the freee meals on Brittany ferries use to be a good standard providing you could get too the table first, as all the coffee cake would get munched and the Prawns would disappear pronto. :smiley:

Simon:

toby1234abc:
If you ordered steak blue it was red with blood oozing out as they only flash fried it in the pan to sear the outside part of the steak

That sounds like steak blue to me.

and me, they only cook bleu steak just enough to eradicate any bugs from handling it

cor yummy

we get free meals on the portsmouth bilbao and its pretty decent mind you at £850 per crossing you would expect it

Get it on the Fishguard/Rosslare and your own cabin, only 3.5hrs but it gets you away from the screaming kids and can get a shower