Follow up,shipping wars

watched the first episode and all I can think is grant and his son don’t need the money,£45 pounds to deliver posters to the Moscow state circus,and
£100 to deliver bees to Norfolk,if you take into account the fuel needed plus £89 for a hotel room,virtually naff all profit,whats the point of being in business if there is only a little profit

Usually they’ll do more than one job at the same time, pick up other jobs en-route etc so they’re not quoting £30 from London to Edinburgh and only carrying that.

Where are you getting £89 for a hotel room from? Highest I’ve ever paid is £40 for a Travelodge. You’re not even trying if you pay £89.

For some people, the profit isn’t the idea of doing it, getting 30 hours a week in is as they can get more in tax credits than they ever would in profit.

That’s how much the programme said they paid for the hotel room.

F-reds:
That’s how much the programme said they paid for the hotel room.

exactly,

I watched it on the catch-up service and the whole thing just seemed totally fake. I’m sure that girl with the 620hp Scania doesn’t make a living sitting around all week waiting to get a profitable job from a reverse auction site.

Some good perving to be had at the 2 fit birds top bollox :wink: ,rest of the show is complete cack :unamused:

When was this on what channel?

Harry Monk:
I watched it on the catch-up service and the whole thing just seemed totally fake. I’m sure that girl with the 620hp Scania doesn’t make a living sitting around all week waiting to get a profitable job from a reverse auction site.

Just like Top Gear and The Office didn’t really work when they made US versions of them, some stuff doesn’t work when they make British versions of American shows. This and Pawn Stars UK just don’t work the same.

ckm1981:

On each weekday, Ch4 16:00 - 16:45

Coffeeholic:

ckm1981:

On each weekday, Ch4 16:00 - 16:45

Cheers yoof

After watching 3 episode, can safely say it’s so made up its untrue!

And no mirror checking lol

It’s entertaining though to see the false front they put on.

Nearly 15 min of bees and cant unload in this weather lol. ️hmmm here’s your boxes enjoy! I’ve been paid!

Methinks me too cynical , stop it!!

Edit : Oh let me see, priceless cars - lets just dump them off in the street. Like that would happen without a camera. Mind you is London!

Russ must be loving it all this time in between filming … Out with the polish :wink:

Blimey, ‘Reality TV isnt all it seems’ shocker, STOP THE PRESSES.

nick2008:
Russ must be loving it all this time in between filming … Out with the polish :wink:

Why is he driving 3 different motors and wearing 3 different uniform t shirts …is he a agency driver who likes to polish everybodys motors for um :question: who does this fella actually work for :question: he comes over like hes thicker than a tin of treacle :confused:

seth 70:

nick2008:

Why is he driving 3 different motors and wearing 3 different uniform t shirts …is he a agency driver who likes to polish everybodys motors for um :question: who does this fella actually work for :question: he comes over like hes thicker than a tin of treacle :confused:

dunno who he works for any more, he’s a nice enough chap if a bit OCD with his cleaning.
he’s on FB. though

nick2008:

seth 70:

nick2008:

dunno who he works for any more, he’s a nice enough chap if a bit OCD with his cleaning.
he’s on FB. though

I saw him last year in the services driving a gba daf,then in september he was polishing a keedwells merc at newark truckfest,busy fella :confused: he gets where water cant.