Follow on from 'Joy of tramping' thread...Carrier bag use

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=162844

(Can’t be arsed to copy stuff out :smiley: so posted a link to the thread in question instead.)

My reply to ‘thunder 267’ (post no.25) got me to thinking.

Not having a pop at him personally btw, as he has said it is just down to the way his digestion system works, and tbf he does not say he does it regularly or routinely…so that’s cleared up I hope.

What are other tramper’s thoughts on this and how many are brave enough to admit to accepting this as a normality, and doing it regularly in the course of their job.
I refer to the old ■■■■■■■■ in a (supermarket of your choice :smiley: ) carrier bag. :smiley:

It just panders to the classic dayman’s idea of how a tramper lives ■■■■■■■■, along with the not washing or showering, and living off crap as food, which in my case (and many others) bears no resemblance to how I live as a tramper.
In other words in 2019 are people actually living like this? :open_mouth:

If so which other group of workers in any other industry would put up with it.

Picked this title as I thought it sounded better than…‘Rob’s ■■■■■■■■ thread’’ :laughing:

I’ve been tramping now for 12 years and never had a ■■■■■ in a bag.My attitude is if you can’t find a toilet and a good place to eat sorry its not for you.I do have stuff in the fridge and the cab has all the goodies but cant beat getting away from the truck for a while.

Wether I’m at home or away, when I wake in the morning two thing are going to happen before I get my first cuppa, first thing is my nose is going to running clearing out my sinuses, secondly I’m gonna need a crap. Which when I’m away is why I park near suitable facilities. But I’ve never needed to use a bag.

Once and once only; parked up in Nuneaton, 2 pints followed by a chicken kebab. Woke up at 2am with my Spidey senses tingling thinking “Oh God, that’s not a ■■■■ coming” cue a desperate search around the truck for a carrier bag without bloody air holes in the bottom of it. Eventually found two of them (thinking that double bagging would be the safest bet)

I distinctly remember crouching down holding the bag handles whilst trying to keep my pecker in the bag for the inevitable pee too that this was probably the most miserable day of my life!

Hats off to those lunatics who do this as a matter of course.

Thanks but no thanks.

the maoster:
Once and once only; parked up in Nuneaton, 2 pints followed by a chicken kebab. Woke up at 2am with my Spidey senses tingling thinking “Oh God, that’s not a ■■■■ coming” cue a desperate search around the truck for a carrier bag without bloody air holes in the bottom of it. Eventually found two of them (thinking that double bagging would be the safest bet)

I distinctly remember crouching down holding the bag handles whilst trying to keep my pecker in the bag for the inevitable pee too that this was probably the most miserable day of my life!

Thanks but no thanks.

Reckon that comes under the ‘‘Too MUCH info’’ category tbh mate. :laughing:

As a night trucker I learnt very quickly (the hard way) to be careful what I eat. Stuck on A roads with zero chance of finding facilities is a less than ideal situation after eating a dodgy kebab on my way in to work. Different I know to you guys who dont start and end a shift at home, but still, barring emergencies, I’d rather use proper facilities than squatting under a trailer in a deserted layby.

This reminds me about a big railroad company, the freight trains had a little bog in the corner of the engine for the crew. It was malfunctioning on one engine and the crew kept reporting it so the company gave them some plastic bags and said use these then.

The crew did and got rid of them by throwing them into peoples back yards when they were close enough. The bog was fixed when people called to complain because the company had given the crew bags with the railroads name on them. :blush:

I worked on the bins for a while… Rural too, I’ll say no more, but you’d be amazed how many public had phoned in after finding solings blowing around their gardens… [emoji38]

As for tramping, if they can’t get me near facilities once I’m up and running then they will find out very quickly just how many drops won’t be getting done in a day, fail to plan, plan to fail is my approach [emoji106]

It’s Disgraceful that in this day and age folk feel bullied enough to not be able to get near facilities, be it by the law or by an employer, and I won’t be tacking that crap when I start that’s for sure.

Again it just goes to highlight how bad drivers are treated in general, wonder how many office bods sleep in their cars between shifts without use of facilities?

Guess it’s why the term “tramper” is disappearing from alot of recruitment/job adds, couldn’t get a more appropriate term for what the job does potentially entail should ye wish to accept it…[emoji38]

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

robroy:

the maoster:

Thanks but no thanks.

Reckon that comes under the ‘‘Too MUCH info’’ category tbh mate. :laughing:

Yeah ill second that
Whats read cannot be umread! :laughing:

Using a plastic bag is disgusting, you should use a bag for life

the maoster:

That is monumental advice for anyone considering doing such a depraved act. The lovely feeling of you have got away with it would quickly be lost when you started ■■■■■■■ all over the floor/bed/seat.

Also any daymen/nightmen that find themselves considering this option should think about how they plan to clean up as using your pod’s would probably lead to some questioning.

Jimmy McNulty:

the maoster:

That is monumental advice for anyone considering doing such a depraved act. The lovely feeling of you have got away with it would quickly be lost when you started ■■■■■■■ all over the floor/bed/seat.

Also any daymen/nightmen that find themselves considering this option should think about how they plan to clean up as using your pod’s would probably lead to some questioning.

Especially if they still need to be signed…

C’mon you lot, we’ve all seen the ‘carrier bag harvest’ hanging from trees in a morning (by you lot who spend half your miserable lives in ■■■■ lay bys at night, rather than park somewhere sensible :unamused:) , so some of you must be regular carrierbagcrappers. :bulb:
Are you too embarrassed to admit it? or what,… or are you going down the old Trucknetter’s usual stereotypical route of blaming the East Europeans, or the even more prejudicial All ‘foreign drivers’. :unamused:

Hey! …we could do like what they do with knives and guns, if you admit it (like Maoster did when he was still presumably ■■■■■■ :laughing: ).and promise not to do it again, no more will be said, like a kind of ‘Trucknet carrierbagcrapper’s amnesty,’ :bulb: … but just don’t hand them in to your nearest Police station ffs :laughing:

Btw…Where’s old Desypete when you need him, he.was a self confessed prolific carrierbagcrapper, he invented it didn’t he. :smiley:

il quite happily admit to being a random bag bomber.
apart from the fact i have ibs and when you need to go,then you need to go,it dont bother me one iota either way.
a couple of bin liners is luxury compared to a lidl bag with the packet of wet wipes as the must have accessorie to keep your cleft and clakkerbags region in tip top condition.
i prefer to kip anywhere quiet whether laybys,industrial estates or basically anywhere that i wont be disturbed so its unlikely there will be facilities nearby.
when abraod its a different bucket of eels,but in the uk then anywhere away from the masses works for me.
its a different story parking abroad handy for the baghouses and clubs but personally theres no worse nights than the thought of sitting in a pub with a beer watching the footy or whatever sky sports reckons is todays lemming viewing material.
i cant stand the thought of that,nor can i stand the thought of your normal pub clientele hence id rather be out of the road somewhere else.
you get peace in your cab if your using a bag,your cab will be spotless compared to most msa bogs though most likely you wont have a handy gloryhole,and seeing how tramping is similar to camping in a metal tent,then having a dump outdoors is no biggy.
the hard part is how proficient you are when it comes to bomb disposal.

Dear Father Rob, I wish to confess my sins and seek absolution for my crime.
Last month on a rare night out I was parked in The Stockyard and as usual I placed myself out of the way right down the bottom.
However when I awoke in the morning I realised I wasn’t going to make the walk up to the toilet so I did the deed in a bright orange sainsbury bag.
I did dispose of the evidence of such crime correctly in a bin.
So forgive me father Rob for my sins.

msgyorkie:
Dear Father Rob, I wish to confess my sins and seek absolution for my crime.
Last month on a rare night out I was parked in The Stockyard and as usual I placed myself out of the way right down the bottom.
However when I awoke in the morning I realised I wasn’t going to make the walk up to the toilet so I did the deed in a bright orange sainsbury bag.
I did dispose of the evidence of such crime correctly in a bin.
So forgive me father Rob for my sins.

Bless you my son… 3 Hail Mary’s, and I’ll PM you my address to send a generous donation towards my amnesty campaign.
Make the cheque out to a ‘J.D. Wetherspoon’ (my campaign secretary).
Thanks for your support.

dieseldog999:
il quite happily admit to being a random bag bomber.
apart from the fact i have ibs and when you need to go,then you need to go,it dont bother me one iota either way.
a couple of bin liners is luxury compared to a lidl bag with the packet of wet wipes as the must have accessorie to keep your cleft and clakkerbags region in tip top condition.
i prefer to kip anywhere quiet whether laybys,industrial estates or basically anywhere that i wont be disturbed so its unlikely there will be facilities nearby.
when abraod its a different bucket of eels,but in the uk then anywhere away from the masses works for me.
its a different story parking abroad handy for the baghouses and clubs but personally theres no worse nights than the thought of sitting in a pub with a beer watching the footy or whatever sky sports reckons is todays lemming viewing material.
i cant stand the thought of that,nor can i stand the thought of your normal pub clientele hence id rather be out of the road somewhere else.
you get peace in your cab if your using a bag,your cab will be spotless compared to most msa bogs though most likely you wont have a handy gloryhole,and seeing how tramping is similar to camping in a metal tent,then having a dump outdoors is no biggy.
the hard part is how proficient you are when it comes to bomb disposal.

DD mate, I’d have bet my last tenner that you would freely admit to it, just ignore the amnesty mate, you’re exempt…you’re TOO far gone and are beyond any help. :laughing: :wink:

Btw based on what you’re ve freely admitted to doing, just let me know who you work for (between us :wink: )…, just so I know never to apply to them in case I get your ‘hand me down’ motor. :laughing: :laughing:

class reply…

i only work for various hooligans on an as and when it suits me basis if they are desperate enough to pay my inflated rate as a lst resort for them so your not going to be applying there.
not as bad as the hughes inbreds,but of similar ilk without kicking the jacksie out of it.
i dont see the big deal to be honest,its only a dump in a bin liner.
obviously if you dont have a full megaspace stand up cab things might get a bit tricky,but when you gotta go,then needs must.

i did get a tug coming off the fleetwood boat into bamber bridge some years ago when they just revamped it into as hew spec the week it opened and without being a rdc hero i told vosa that i was heading to charnock for a dump as i had ibs,they could either let me use their bog which they had already refused me access to,or i would need to squat under the trailer and the bomb doors were already open and i was twitching like a rabbits nose.
they got the traffic cop over who told them they had to let me in and christen it as it was still unused.

it wasnt a pretty sight as i left.

most are comfortable with their own pish bottle,and a dump in a bag then sling it later only concerns yourself and your own hygiene standards.
all things considered id reckon any cab i get out of ends up cleaner than when i got into it.

As one says you have to be prepared in this job for situations like this
It’s a brave man who drives a truck and has not got access to a needs be when he wants to, not to be prepared
It’s part of a truckers life, it’s a fact, and 99% percent of people who do long distance have craped somewhere that’s not a proper bog

You need one of these Pop-Up Portable Toilet | This pop-up loo lets you use the toilet WHENEVER you want 🚽 | By UNILAD | Facebook