Foley and Miles

Usual info please! Money, hours etc. thanks.

i think they are paid a persentage of the earnings from what i have been told

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=58894&start=0

Hi mate
They do brick and block haulage. Mainly drawbars and flat bed crane arctics.
Pay structure is not good. You get paid per load and for the miles you do LOADED. If your running from a site to a collection point,say 70miles away and your empty you wont get paid for it. NO IFS NO BUTS.

Office staff are ok tbh. W&D’s arent exactly the newest. Im not aware of them paying a flat rate for the day. if you get a blow out or dont tip for some reason you dont get paid. N/O money is £22.50 and they dont pay parking. You get £10 per day attendance and £8 if you have to drop a trailer and tranship the load. Its alot of work and ■■■■ sites for not alot of money at all.
Drivers seem to come and go quite alot although some have been there a few years. if you need more info pm me.

bigfoot:
Hi mate
Pay structure is not good. You get paid per load and for the miles you do LOADED. If your running from a site to a collection point,say 70miles away and your empty you wont get paid for it. NO IFS NO BUTS.

Office staff are ok tbh. W&D’s arent exactly the newest. Im not aware of them paying a flat rate for the day. if you get a blow out or dont tip for some reason you dont get paid. N/O money is £22.50 and they dont pay parking. You get £10 per day attendance and £8 if you have to drop a trailer and tranship the load. Its alot of work and [zb] sites for not alot of money at all.
Drivers seem to come and go quite alot although some have been there a few years. if you need more info pm me.

Is that sort of pay structure legal?

Im not sure. I posted a thread on here asking that exact question and had mixed replies. I think the straight answer is no but the they display it in your pay slip in such a way that it looks as though your working by the hour etc.

Bacon Sandwich:

bigfoot:
Hi mate

Office staff are ok tbh. W&D’s arent exactly the newest. Im not aware of them paying a flat rate for the day. if you get a blow out or dont tip for some reason you dont get paid. N/O money is £22.50 and they dont pay parking. You get £10 per day attendance and £8 if you have to drop a trailer and tranship the load. Its alot of work and [zb] sites for not alot of money at all.

yes it is

Bacon Sandwich:

bigfoot:
Hi mate

I don’t know if its legal but it sure looks rubbish!

i would agree with that!

hi. I do brick and block haulage, although not for f+m. I cant really add much but I know they do a lot of work out of northfleet and linford. they are a ■■■■■ to load out of. I have been sat at northfleet before now for 2 1/2 hours waiting to get loaded with just 4 trucks in front of me! so on hat pay structure you might stuggle to get three loads a day off. lot of London too which is always slower. linford is nearly as bad, only at linford you get loads with around 32 lifts on them. they take a lot of strapping! lol. to me the worst part of the job is netting and strapping, though in the great scheme of things whats 20 mins~half an hour four times a day, and some of the sites we go in are very tight and very muddy. I drive a wagon and drag though so we get all the crap that the artics cant get into. lol.
block driving isn’t for everyone, and you have to be very carefull even netted and strapped it doesn’t take much for them to move.

Mataos32:
I agree with you mate. i load out of northfleet every week and cant stand it. I also load out of borough green on blocks. Whats the pay structure like where you work? Your right,brick and block isnt for everyone and ive certianly had enough already! Lol

Are you saying F+M are exempt from the minimum wage regulations? :open_mouth:

bigfoot
im just on a flat rate. we normally do two loads a day. from where im based we don’t have the road structure to give us easy access to motorways. its job and knock but we still average 11 hour days

One of their drivers lives in the same road as me, which is nearly 100 miles from Thurrock.

Grayham on here works for them

they must be a bigger company than I thought.