Fog

Bad stuff eh?.

I went up the A15 last night at about 35/45 M.P.H.dependant on the weather with visiblity down to about 20 feet in places and guess what happened?, yep i had some sphincter in a wagon up my arse all the way up there and coming back i was overtaken twice by cars risking everything just to get past in almost Zero visibility.

I sincerely apologise to all of them for being a member of the self preservation society but when it comes to times like these on the roads of Lincolnshire just have a bit more ■■■■■■■ patience, if i had enough vision to see when the laybys appeared i would have pulled in and let you pass unfortunately i was on the P sign just as they appeared.

Encountered a Fiat full of OAP’s on the wrong side of the Lincoln by-pass tonight. Fog really brings out the ‘best’ in everybody.
Also, amazing the number of missing headlights you notice when it’s foggy.

A1 from Tuxford to Newark was around about 9ft Visibility in places and 20ft in good conditions,

I’d like to nominate McBurneys for 1 st Prize in whipping past me in excess of 50mph

Followed Closely by Jack Richards on his tail

Obviously both have ditched the Maps in the Box that Robs Proper Drivers need and installed Sat Nav and a 24v Radar navigational equipment they needed, I shudder to think what the results would have been if a broken down truck or car happened to be ahead of them.

I happened to be down to 35 mph because of the poor visibility and had it not for me being way behind time I would have gone slower still :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

:smiley: Last week a lorry driver was stopped by the police for going the wrong way down a gyratory system. I overheard this when handing in my paperwork to the office cos they had to get a relief driver out to replace him.

M60 was murder 2.00am this morning, the M6 south bound was even worse with fog

At the moment my designated run takes me down some unlit country back roads so last night and the night before (I only ever work nights) have been a nightmare. 15 mph most of the way with about 10 foot of visibility if I’m lucky.

… and yes, I had the odd tailgater too with their headlights constantly in and out of my mirror desperately wanting to get past :unamused: Muppets.

I really don’t get the matrix on the motorways in big letters FOG if its that bad you wont see it anyway and when you do see its like stating the obvious :unamused:

Dense Fog - the worst of all driving conditions.