Fodens.

A beautiful old Foden nmp

Smart. Must have been one of the last with the 39cab. NMP off FB

coomsey:

That will be one of the ‘lightweight’ models specially sold for tipper and mixer chassis Paul. They had the taperlight springs, Gardner engine, S39 cab, hypoid back end instead of the old worm and wheel diff and Girling Stopmaster brakes (not the best brakes in the world! :open_mouth: ) to keep the weight down, Tilcon ran a lot of them in mixer form.

Pete.

windrush:

coomsey:

That will be one of the ‘lightweight’ models specially sold for tipper and mixer chassis Paul. They had the taperlight springs, Gardner engine, S39 cab, hypoid back end instead of the old worm and wheel diff and Girling Stopmaster brakes (not the best brakes in the world! :open_mouth: ) to keep the weight down, Tilcon ran a lot of them in mixer form.

Pete.

She’d struggle to match the Reiver for payload I d bet Pete

windrush:

coomsey:

Pete.

Heres a clipping Pete/Coomsey.

tipper foden j chubb kent ppg fb.PNG

DEANB:

windrush:

coomsey:

Pete.

Heres a clipping Pete/Coomsey.

Big fleet then Dean . 180g at 24t she’d have been a flyer! Wonder what the payload was? Cheers coomsey

I have posted this on couple of sites {NMP} in the hope that someone can tell me if it an Ausi conversion or was an actual production model.
Dig

42593398_1580377928729516_2366534861360988160_n.jpg

A minky NMP off FB

DIG:
I have posted this on couple of sites {NMP} in the hope that someone can tell me if it an Ausi conversion or was an actual production model.
Dig

All I know is the cab is production, not sure about the sleeper or engine out front though. Certainly I have never seen one.

[edited - see below]

DIG:
Dig

DIG, via flickr, this might help (250 ■■■■■■■■ S40 bonnet, one of Gascyone’s units).

flickr.com/photos/183871373@N06/50941453503

[edit] Same rego - C-4263 (WA) [/edit]

DIG:
Dig

DIG - see the info accompanying the pic here via Graham’s flickr:

flickr.com/photos/21437618@N02/3297325224

Sad picture, that last one PR, I loved my S40 and would have loved it even more with the lump in front and the bed behind. :wink: :smiley:

But at least that answers Dig’s question. :smiley:

Spardo:
Sad picture, that last one PR, I loved my S40 and would have loved it even more with the lump in front and the bed behind. :wink: :smiley:

No worries, apparently only two were built and both were run by Gascoynes (as confirmed by consecutive rego numbers and by NZ Jamie, also of this parish).

ParkRoyal2100:

Spardo:

No worries, apparently only two were built and both were run by Gascoynes (as confirmed by consecutive rego numbers and by NZ Jamie, also of this parish).

Good find PR21that answered the question.

Dig

DIG:

ParkRoyal2100:

Spardo:

Good find PR21that answered the question.

Dig

To much embarrassment of the designer. :laughing:

Must have been a flat at some point, I’ve never seen a S21 tipper with that wheel base. NMP Alan Biggs photo

coomsey:
Must have been a flat at some point, I’ve never seen a S21 tipper with that wheel base. NMP Alan Biggs photo

When the gross weight went from 24 to 26 tons something in the new rules forced a longer wheelbase . We had an erf 8wheeler where I worked at the time and it was awful . Turning circle of a cruise liner .