Fodens.

Hi Larry ,you were ahead of the time with the 5 axle mid lift :laughing: :wink:

Well spotted Dan, :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: , Hope you and yours are all keeping well my friend,Regards Larry.

FB_IMG_1579092170223.jpg
Smart! The first S21 I’ve seen with a ■■■■■■■ in her, would it have been a 180 ?
Wouldn’t mind a spin in her but only if they fitted an Hiab :smiley: cheers Coomsey

coomsey:
Smart! The first S21 I’ve seen with a ■■■■■■■ in her, would it have been a 180 ?
Wouldn’t mind a spin in her but only if they fitted an Hiab :smiley: cheers Coomsey

Very smart indeed, Of course its load of London Bricks would be all hand ball, :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: , Thanks for posting this classic Mickey Mouse Foden, One of my best wagons that I ran in the 70s, Regards Larry.

coomsey:

I am fairly sure it would have been a ■■■■■■■ 180 the same engine that MK1 Atkis used then in around 1970 the 12 litre 180 ■■■■■■■ was up rated to 205 bhp and finally in late '72 the 205 was tweaked again to 220 bhp. Then the 14 litre 250 bhp was introduced followed by the 290 which was Turbo’d ? I only ran one 250 ■■■■■■■ engine Sed/Atk which I acquired in a buy out but quickly sold it ! I had a number of 290 demos but you just about had to have a tanker following them ! Cheers Bewick.

Bewick:

coomsey:

I am fairly sure it would have been a ■■■■■■■ 180 the same engine that MK1 Atkis used then in around 1970 the 12 litre 180 ■■■■■■■ was up rated to 205 bhp and finally in late '72 the 205 was tweaked again to 220 bhp. Then the 14 litre 250 bhp was introduced followed by the 290 which was Turbo’d ? I only ran one 250 ■■■■■■■ engine Sed/Atk which I acquired in a buy out but quickly sold it ! I had a number of 290 demos but you just about had to have a tanker following them ! Cheers Bewick.

Guy big j. …220 ■■■■■■■ 8 speed fuller, flying machines…

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Lawrence Dunbar:

coomsey:

Very smart indeed, Of course its load of London Bricks would be all hand ball, :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: , Thanks for posting this classic Mickey Mouse Foden, One of my best wagons that I ran in the 70s, Regards Larry.

Tut tut Larry parked on the kerb again :smiley:

The previous driver knew how to park it properly Dan! :laughing:

Pete.

Bewick:

coomsey:

A flier in her day then Dennis. I only drove Gardner n 12 sp. I know you’re no Foden lover but the box was the bee’s, similar to your 20sp Akky. My mate Rod had a S39 with the 680 in her,he loved it. 180 ■■■■■■■ ? Yes please cheers Coomsey

I’m a North Leicestershire man n drove for a couple of family run firms in the 70s, they’d have sooner have had their doo dahs cut off with a blunt hacksaw blade then risk the damnation of a ■■■■■■■ engine. Otherwise they were alright :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: I’m not making it up !

1984 advert.

Click on page once/twice.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

windrush:
The previous driver knew how to park it properly Dan! :laughing:

Pete.

Nmp. Wonder which one lasted longest ?

coomsey:

Certainly not the Vauxhall!..

coomsey:

The M8 motorway to Greenock now runs behind where this train is.

FB_IMG_1580581460864.jpg
Four for the desert! NMP

More for the desert.

Click on pages twice.

FB_IMG_1581325798832.jpg
Take your pick ! Nmp