Fodens.

GCR2ERF:
Hi Longpod, I was in the traffic office at K&M and used to speak to Mrs Meer when handling the subbing - often as not, a large-sounding dog could be heard in the background!!

Hi mate

Small world , Janet meer is my mother, she’s still with us , my dad passed away last year

Sorry to hear of your dad’s passing mate; a chat (or haggling!) with your mum was always welcome on a busy afternoon :slight_smile: please pass on my regards to her.

Cheers
Tony

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

66614.1.280.99999.unpad.jpeg
Take your pick !

Hoveringham I think? Loaded out of there a few times and with Fodens as well, later than that pick though! :laughing:

Pete.

photo of twitter, Les.

windrush:
Hoveringham I think? Loaded out of there a few times and with Fodens as well, later than that pick though! :laughing:

Pete.

Never loaded out of Hoveringham,s , where would this one have been Pete?

coomsey:

windrush:

Pete.

That would have been at the Hoveringham pit near Hoveringham village itself Paul, near Lowdham. I used to back load gravel from there to Tarmacs own concrete plants (Tarmac owned the pit by that time) at either Ilkeston, Pye Bridge or Kirkby in Ashfield. Not the best of rates, but they did pay 17 tonne rate on a six wheeler and I was close to home anyway after tipping so not much empty running.

First time I went in there I loaded myself from the bins, dropped onto the bridge and had 25.50 on the scales. That was a good first time guess I thought, that will do nicely, but the operator made the cross sign with his fingers for half a tonne so I went and dropped some more on! Back on the plate, went to get my ticket and he said “I wanted half a tonne off, not on”. I had to explain it was 26.00 tonne gross, he hadn’t encountered one before as theirs were all 25 tonners so said “Why didn’t you tell me then?” and I said 'well you never asked! :laughing:

Pete.

quote=“windrush”]

coomsey:

windrush:

Pete.

That would have been at the Hoveringham pit near Hoveringham village itself Paul, near Lowdham. I used to back load gravel from there to Tarmacs own concrete plants (Tarmac owned the pit by that time) at either Ilkeston, Pye Bridge or Kirkby in Ashfield. Not the best of rates, but they did pay 17 tonne rate on a six wheeler and I was close to home anyway after tipping so not much empty running.

First time I went in there I loaded myself from the bins, dropped onto the bridge and had 25.50 on the scales. That was a good first time guess I thought, that will do nicely, but the operator made the cross sign with his fingers for half a tonne so I went and dropped some more on! Back on the plate, went to get my ticket and he said “I wanted half a tonne off, not on”. I had to explain it was 26.00 tonne gross, he hadn’t encountered one before as theirs were all 25 tonners so said “Why didn’t you tell me then?” and I said 'well you never asked! :laughing:

Pete.
[/quote]
:laughing:

FB_IMG_1573563656076.jpg
A pair of minkys!nmp

NMP

FB_IMG_1573733024703.jpg
Having a minute!nmp

A fairly common occourance with mixers. At least they got the mix out! :laughing:

Pete.

FB_IMG_1573733628350.jpg

Is she or is she not ?

coomsey:
Is she or is she not ?

Hi Coomsey, she is, one of Gascoyne Trading, WA. Still classed as an s40 I think.
Colin.

colinwallace1:

coomsey:
1Is she or is she not ?

Hi Coomsey, she is, one of Gascoyne Trading, WA. Still classed as an s40 I think.
Colin.

I’m guessing there’s not a Foden 2 stroke n 12sp box in her Colin

coomsey:

colinwallace1:

coomsey:
1Is she or is she not ?

Colin.

Ha, reckon the 2 stroke would be a fire risk in WA, when pulling hard.
250 ■■■■■■■ in these.

27-02-2008221446.jpg

colinwallace1:

coomsey:

colinwallace1:

coomsey:
1Is she or is she not ?

Colin.

Ha, reckon the 2 stroke would be a fire risk in WA, when pulling hard.
250 ■■■■■■■ in these.

Or a Commer, but remember Noel Buntine started with his first truck which was a Commer. :slight_smile:

Smart nmp