Fodens.

coomsey:

Punchy Dan:

coomsey:

BRR549C belongs to John Wright and is currently undergoing full restoration .

Good news, she stands well. I spy the spare wheel bracket, what joy was had trying to put the wheel back on it. hopefully without getting squashed by passing motors. My next motor was Erf with a wire wind up affair, took the death defying manoeuvre out the frame thank God. Wheel swapping was a god awful job, mind you waiting for the tyre company could test your patience somewhat!! Is it illegal now? Cheers Coomsey

Simple job on a Foden tipper , lump of rope round the wheel , tip body and bingo wheel on bracket . I’ve done one or two that way .

rigsby:

coomsey:

Punchy Dan:

coomsey:

BRR549C belongs to John Wright and is currently undergoing full restoration .

Good news, she stands well. I spy the spare wheel bracket, what joy was had trying to put the wheel back on it. hopefully without getting squashed by passing motors. My next motor was Erf with a wire wind up affair, took the death defying manoeuvre out the frame thank God. Wheel swapping was a god awful job, mind you waiting for the tyre company could test your patience somewhat!! Is it illegal now? Cheers Coomsey

Simple job on a Foden tipper , lump of rope round the wheel , tip body and bingo wheel on bracket . I’ve done one or two that way .

Should have added tie rope to cross member or body hook

What a great looking motor.

Click on page twice.

DEANB:

Click on page twice.

Reckon you’re right there Dean.
Read advert can anyone explain what" precisely similar" means :smiley:

coomsey:

DEANB:

Click on page twice.

Scale? :confused: :slight_smile:

coomsey:

DEANB:

Click on page twice.

Marinised, I imagine! robert

FODEN+-+S18+FE6-15+DUMPER+-+1947.jpg
Precisely similar ■■

Imprecisely similar ■■

ERF-NGC-European:

coomsey:

DEANB:

Click on page twice.

Marinised, I imagine! robert

Would it need to be if just running a genny?

my old girl back in the day,last time i saw her she was in preservation in Slaters colours

If this reg is MET 547 G, I Ran this for a few years on local & journey work, It did very well for me & earned me a good living plus, Regards Larry.

I I R C, The Foden Ex BOC,NET 109 G Is the one in Tilcons Livery, And very nice too, Powered by the Leyland 680PP Engine the same as MET 547 G., Regards Larry.

Lawrence Dunbar:
I I R C, The Foden Ex BOC,NET 109 G Is the one in Tilcons Livery, And very nice too, Powered by the Leyland 680PP Engine the same as MET 547 G., Regards Larry.

I’ve driven Fodens since1966 Larry , just about every marque from s18 onward . None of them did me any harm , as you say they made me a good living . I have to admit I always have a soft spot for the s36 and s39 , some people say they were cramped but I though the opposite , everything was to hand , side window was a bit low for spotting young ladies in bedroom windows but we all have to make sacrifices don’t we .I even ended my driving days on a Foden Alpha so that rounded things off nicely . I’ve driven lots of other types out Foden will always be numero uno . Dave

Well my S 36 Was a good clean cabbed motor when I bought it, I made a fold down bunk for my long distance work, The one that is in Tilcon Livery was from BOC Also The reg IIRC, Is NET 109 G :question: :question: :question: , Regards Larry.

rigsby:

Lawrence Dunbar:

I’ve driven Fodens since1966 Larry , just about every marque from s18 onward . None of them did me any harm , as you say they made me a good living . I have to admit I always have a soft spot for the s36 and s39 , some people say they were cramped but I though the opposite , everything was to hand , side window was a bit low for spotting young ladies in bedroom windows but we all have to make sacrifices don’t we .I even ended my driving days on a Foden Alpha so that rounded things off nicely . I’ve driven lots of other types out Foden will always be numero uno . Dave

Dave they were a fine tool n the box was a jewel!! But I was always frozen in em with the Gardner’s. So my best was a Octopus just for the heater. Niva mind! Cheers Coomsey

Well the heater in my S 36 was tops of course it was fitted with a Kysor Radiater Shutter, The Two 8 leggers I had were 150 Gardners the heaters were just average but I never felt cold, But it might have been the Single Malt Anti Freeze that I used :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: , Regards Larry.

Well the heater in my S 36 was tops of course it was fitted with a Kysor Radiater Shutter, The Two 8 leggers I had were 150 Gardners the heaters were just average but I never felt cold, But it might have been the Single Malt Anti Freeze that I used :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: , Regards Larry.

Lawrence Dunbar:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

FB_IMG_1567965223146.jpg
s-l300.jpg
Couple of working gals !!

coomsey:
Couple of working gals !!

Indeed they are, Coomsey, I did love that model, had one at K&M as well as a couple of other Fodens. The driving position was so cosy, sat up high in your seat with the wheel tucked neatly in your lap, :smiley: