Fodens.

Those could be either S60 or S70 cabs, both looked the same but the S60 was all steel and the S70 fibreglass. A roomy cab, sprung of course, and I knew a few lads who drove them and reckoned they were comfy. Tilcon had some but not in our area, they could be fitted with the Gardner 8 potter.

Pete.

JLC00228-08.jpg
Nmp. Big on Iveco now

51sWyhRhd-L.SX425.jpg

FB_IMG_1566236445937.jpg
Nmp. What’s this one all about ? Paccar !

BD54563D-1535-49C1-94A7-A2EB9C37F785.jpeg
If Larry was here which one would he be trying to start ? Or would he just drill the barrel :smiley:

gazsa401:

coomsey:
They liked their Fodens, are they still going?

T Baden Hardstaff were based at Kingston upon Soar just off the A453 near the Ratcliffe upon Soar power station they ceased their haulage business a few years ago but carried on their safety barrier business
I think they still run a Alpha cabbed Foden I know there’s a 4000 series Foden on the vintage scene which was there’s from new
Cheers Gary

yes the Hardstaff motor was at the recent Rempstone Steam Fair.

coomsey:

top one looks like ECCQ livery? bottom one Steetly?

carryfast-yeti:

coomsey:

Top one is in the standard Fodens works livery, bottom one could be either Steetley or Redland as Redlands took over Steetley.

Pete.

cdb56f5b24d34180c2378a8f510ac674.jpg

windrush:

carryfast-yeti:

coomsey:

Top one is in the standard Fodens works livery, bottom one could be either Steetley or Redland as Redlands took over Steetley.

Pete.

Sister from Mountsorrel Pete

Saw this today in Ilkeston

Here you go “coomsey” :wink:

Click on pages twice to read.

DEANB:
Here you go “coomsey” :wink:

Click on pages twice to read.

Go on then Dean . It’s all good stuff! Cheers Coomsey

Spotted this in a yard at Sandbach it looks like someone has painted it with an emulsion type of paint.It is a photo i took although it does look like a painting.

Rumanian 1965 !!■■

15648947337_06d08c59ac_z.jpg

coomsey:

BRR549C belongs to John Wright and is currently undergoing full restoration .

Punchy Dan:

coomsey:

Good news, she stands well. I spy the spare wheel bracket, what joy was had trying to put the wheel back on it. hopefully without getting squashed by passing motors. My next motor was Erf with a wire wind up affair, took the death defying manoeuvre out the frame thank God. Wheel swapping was a god awful job, mind you waiting for the tyre company could test your patience somewhat!! Is it illegal now? Cheers Coomsey

coomsey:

Punchy Dan:

coomsey:

Good news, she stands well. I spy the spare wheel bracket, what joy was had trying to put the wheel back on it. hopefully without getting squashed by passing motors. My next motor was Erf with a wire wind up affair, took the death defying manoeuvre out the frame thank God. Wheel swapping was a god awful job, mind you waiting for the tyre company could test your patience somewhat!! Is it illegal now? Cheers Coomsey

Illegal :open_mouth: I wouldn’t be atall suprised,mines a wind up one off a 1960 Aec ,I could change it before any realised I’d stopped :smiley: