Fodens.

This is a proper job Coomsey ! :laughing: I like the can of easy start !

Click on pages twice to read.

We had a few of those dumpers. I rebuilt the ■■■■■■■ 220 engines in a couple of them (lapping in 24 valves was ‘fun’ :unamused: ) and changed many a rear spring, usually on overtime, as they kept them running all day and they were bloody heavy springs!! Had a couple of Atkinson’s as well but this is a Foden thread. :wink:

Pete.

windrush:
We had a few of those dumpers. I rebuilt the ■■■■■■■ 220 engines in a couple of them (lapping in 24 valves was ‘fun’ :unamused: ) and changed many a rear spring, usually on overtime, as they kept them running all day and they were bloody heavy springs!! Had a couple of Atkinson’s as well but this is a Foden thread. :wink:

Pete.

Hence my Dad never had a Foden after driving these things at Ballidon :open_mouth:

Punchy Dan:

windrush:

Pete.

Hence my Dad never had a Foden after driving these things at Ballidon :open_mouth:

Yes, they put me off of poxy ■■■■■■■ engines for life as well! :unamused: :laughing:

Pete.

DEANB:
This is a proper job Coomsey ! :laughing: I like the can of easy start !

Tom Llewellyn at Econofreight didn’t, we needed it all the time with our ■■■■■■■■ when he found out we were using it he banned it outright.

So the next winter’s morning when it wouldn’t go, somewhere in Norfolk, I called out BRS Rescue who used Easy Start and charged a bomb for the privilege. Our boss at Leicester, knowing Tom’s mindset, said ‘keep on using it but put it down to something else on expenses’. No more BRS call outs. :laughing:

She’s definitely earned her corn Dean! Wouldn’t fancy it for a Monday morning.
The joy of easy start in the morning, I had an Akky with the 220 in 3yr old n she needed a squirt every morning. An erf with 180 ■■■■■■■ never did,why was that? I wonder why ■■■■■■■ didn’t buy out easy start? They’d have nailed it then!!

coomsey:
She’s definitely earned her corn Dean! Wouldn’t fancy it for a Monday morning.
The joy of easy start in the morning, I had an Akky with the 220 in 3yr old n she needed a squirt every morning. An erf with 180 ■■■■■■■ never did,why was that? I wonder why ■■■■■■■ didn’t buy out easy start? They’d have nailed it then!!

Starting an Atki was a nightmare, with the air intake at the back of the cab on the passenger side, had to go round, leaving the door open for a quick return, give it a squirt then race back and leap in to turn the starter. Then hold your breath till either it started or the battery failed. :laughing:

never used easy start on my atkinson ■■■■■■■ 205 , it was a case of air cleaner out, dip rag in tank on end of welding , pull it out, set fire to it , stick it into the air cleaner housing , start up and reassemble.

tonyj105:
never used easy start on my atkinson ■■■■■■■ 205 , it was a case of air cleaner out, dip rag in tank on end of welding , pull it out, set fire to it , stick it into the air cleaner housing , start up and reassemble.

HOLEY MOLEY ! :smiley:

tonyj105:

I done that one very cold night on a very well used F88 operated by Lurgan Transport iirc, all was well until the driver floored the throttle & the rag was pulled in, lucky enough there was no damage to the turbo.

Dave…

New addition

Punchy Dan:
New addition

And a fine looking one indeed. A smart but reserved colour scheme, not over blinged. I am out of touch with UK plates these days, what year is it?

Punchy Dan:
New addition

A nice straight motor Dan there was one similar in silver that loaded bales of waste regular at Leeds whete i worked it was very noisey ,i can’t remembet if it had a Cat or ■■■■■■■ in it

Spardo:

Punchy Dan:
New addition

And a fine looking one indeed. A smart but reserved colour scheme, not over blinged. I am out of touch with UK plates these days, what year is it?

2004 , thanks I’ll pass the comments on :smiley:

ramone:

Punchy Dan:
New addition

A nice straight motor Dan there was one similar in silver that loaded bales of waste regular at Leeds whete i worked it was very noisey ,i can’t remembet if it had a Cat or ■■■■■■■ in it

Thanks ,it’s a Cat this one :frowning:

Punchy Dan:

ramone:

Punchy Dan:
New addition

Thanks ,it’s a Cat this one :frowning:

Maddisons is the haulier i was thinking of

Punchy Dan:

Spardo:

Punchy Dan:
New addition

2004 , thanks I’ll pass the comments on :smiley:

That is amazing, 15 years old, I knew it was ‘of a certain age’ because of Paccar killing off Foden, but would never have imagined that. :slight_smile:

In a previous life

FB_IMG_1560163751910.jpg
Dear oh dear! Off F B

coomsey:
Dear oh dear! Off F B

An internal truck at Ballidon quarry that fed the block plant. There are pics of it when working in the Peak District thread. Driven by the late Roy Beresford, it probably still has the logo ‘BEZ’ written on the front panel. It had the cleanest cab interior you would ever have seen but possibly not now! I believe it is missing its engine and gearbox, although I think they are still close by? The owner wont sell it.

Pete.