Fodens.

Hi,

skane:
I don’t now about the gearbox as I believe the foden 12speed limit was around 335 to 350 hp , but it did have the 30 ton rated rear foden hub reduction axles ,it was operated in the guilford area ,it is for sale on the foden society Web site but the cab has succumbed to the weather badly and the body would need some major work .

On the foden society Web it says: Fuller 15 speed and 40 ton hub reduction Foden rear end

Regards

Rolf

5thwheel:

coomsey:

Spardo:
My first wagon at Econofreight was a bit like that, though not quite so ugly, because it had an 8LXB in it.

Reckon that one’s got a 9LXB in her Spardo :smiley:

Can we see a picture of one Coomsey,lol,lol!?

David

I’ll try my best David but I’m almost sure they only fitted em in Guy bigJs . I’m having a spot of bother with the scanner! They spoilt the looks of most motors,as you can see. Cheers Coomsey

rolfkerkhof:
Hi,

skane:
I don’t now about the gearbox as I believe the foden 12speed limit was around 335 to 350 hp , but it did have the 30 ton rated rear foden hub reduction axles ,it was operated in the guilford area ,it is for sale on the foden society Web site but the cab has succumbed to the weather badly and the body would need some major work .

On the foden society Web it says: Fuller 15 speed and 40 ton hub reduction Foden rear end

Regards

Rolf

Thanks Rolf would have been a good drive I reckon but she’s god ugly!!

Rolfkerkhof:
Hi,

Skane:
I don’t now about the gearbox as I believe the Foden 12speed limit was around 335 to 350 hp , but it did have the 30 ton rated rear Foden hub reduction axles ,it was operated in the Guilford area ,it is for sale on the Foden Society Web site but the cab has succumbed to the weather badly and the body would need some major work .

On the Foden Society Web it says: Fuller 15 speed and 40 ton hub reduction Foden rear end

Regards

Rolf

TruckNetUK . Old Time Lorries . Fodens. Page 32 . Foden S90 56R070CAT4509 6x4 Heavy Recovery Vehicle - HRV . VALKYRIE .Shrove Tuesday,5th March,2019 - Pancake Day :smiley:

The Foden S90 56R070CAT4509 is a one-off custom-built special based on the Foden Military Medium Mobility 6x6 Range,such as the Foden
S90 46V026R3009 FH70 6x6 Artillery Tractor and the Heavy Recovery Vehicle - HRV version.

The Foden S90 56R070CAT4509 is believed to be left-hand-drive,it was built in 1974 and operated by:-

All Recovery & Repair Ltd,
Westwood Lane,
Normandy,
Guildford,
Surrey,
GU3 2JG.

Foden S90 56R070CAT4509,S90 Military Sleeper-Cabbed,Caterpillar 3408,18-Litre,V8,450 BHP Diesel-Engined,Wreckers International Recovery-Equipped,6x4 Heavy Recovery Vehicle.1974.Fuller 15-Speed Gearbox,40-Ton Hub Reduction. Foden.4#

.Foden S90  56R070CAT4509,S90 Military Sleeper-Cabbed,Caterpillar 3408,18-Litre,V8,450 BHP Diesel-Engined,Wreckers International Recovery-Equipped,6x4 Heavy Recovery Vehicle.1974.Fuller 15-Speed Gearbox,40-Ton Hub Reduction. Foden.4#.jpg

Foden S90 56R070CAT4509,S90 Military Sleeper-Cabbed,Caterpillar 3408,18-Litre,V8,450 BHP Diesel-Engined,Wreckers International Recovery-Equipped,6x4 Heavy Recovery Vehicle.1974.Fuller 15-Speed Gearbox,40-Ton Hub Reduction. Foden.1#

.Foden S90  56R070CAT4509,S90 Military Sleeper-Cabbed,Caterpillar 3408,18-Litre,V8,450 BHP Diesel-Engined,Wreckers International Recovery-Equipped,6x4 Heavy Recovery Vehicle.1974.Fuller 15-Speed Gearbox,40-Ton Hub Reduction. Foden.1#.jpg

NOTE: I’m not sure about this lorry’s GTW = Gross Train Weight,I’ve estimated it,but it could well be higher or lower :slight_smile:

VALKYRIE

pete smith:
Hi Dean,
Allegedly it had a Gardner 240 fitted, big grill so the back 2 pots never stuck out from behind the cab, some Guy Motor’s chassis used the same configuration apparently!

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

coomsey:
whats the crack with this one then chap ! I dont remember seeing one with the large front like this before ?

Is it because its an export model with a large radiator for hot climates ■■ :unamused:

You’re probably right Dean, but must be one hell of a rad in there! Ain’t half ugly though. On the ugly thing, have you thought of setting a topic off with ugly motors? you’ve posted some ghastly things over the past.cheers coomsey

You cheeky bugger “coomsey” “you’ve posted some ghastly things over the past” :unamused: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :wink:
That Foden is not ugly shag,its called character !! :wink:

skane:
The foden in the picture was a one off build , I don’t know the exact history but I ended up as a wrecker and it had a 3408 cat v8 @ 450 hp ( Yes a v8 CAT ) it was at the Bloxham steam fair quite a few years ago now . I think I’m correct in saying most of the extended front grill was for the radiator and ancillary equipment as the engine was around 18litres

Cheers “skane” :wink:

Hi,

I spotted this one during summer 2016 on Hessleskew Farm, near Sancton Yorkshire:

P7300061.JPG

P7300062.JPG

Seems worth to preserve. Any info on age, engine etc.?

Regards

Rolf

DEANB:

pete smith:
Hi Dean,
Allegedly it had a Gardner 240 fitted, big grill so the back 2 pots never stuck out from behind the cab, some Guy Motor’s chassis used the same configuration apparently!

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

coomsey:
whats the crack with this one then chap ! I dont remember seeing one with the large front like this before ?

Is it because its an export model with a large radiator for hot climates ■■ :unamused:

You’re probably right Dean, but must be one hell of a rad in there! Ain’t half ugly though. On the ugly thing, have you thought of setting a topic off with ugly motors? you’ve posted some ghastly things over the past.cheers coomsey

You cheeky bugger “coomsey” “you’ve posted some ghastly things over the past” :unamused: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :wink:
That Foden is not ugly shag,its called character !! :wink:
Character ? She’s an 8 pinter on the beer goggleometer Dean

skane:
The foden in the picture was a one off build , I don’t know the exact history but I ended up as a wrecker and it had a 3408 cat v8 @ 450 hp ( Yes a v8 CAT ) it was at the Bloxham steam fair quite a few years ago now . I think I’m correct in saying most of the extended front grill was for the radiator and ancillary equipment as the engine was around 18litres

Cheers “skane” :wink:

FB_IMG_1552847069027.jpg
FB_IMG_1552846927587.jpg
FB_IMG_1552846871711.jpg
nmps

tb.png
Drove for these, not a bad crowd, some good money earned.Had a couple of ERF s GNR 497L n GAY 823L (what a git for a reg) N reg Akky with 240/fuller n N reg Akky 8wlr 180/db8. Jacked on strength of the last un. Still going though, not many can say that!

VALKYRIE:

Rolfkerkhof:
Hi,

Skane:
I don’t now about the gearbox as I believe the Foden 12speed limit was around 335 to 350 hp , but it did have the 30 ton rated rear Foden hub reduction axles ,it was operated in the Guilford area ,it is for sale on the Foden Society Web site but the cab has succumbed to the weather badly and the body would need some major work .

On the Foden Society Web it says: Fuller 15 speed and 40 ton hub reduction Foden rear end

Regards

Rolf

TruckNetUK . Old Time Lorries . Fodens. Page 32 . Foden S90 56R070CAT4509 6x4 Heavy Recovery Vehicle - HRV . VALKYRIE .Shrove Tuesday,5th March,2019 - Pancake Day :smiley:

The Foden S90 56R070CAT4509 is a one-off custom-built special based on the Foden Military Medium Mobility 6x6 Range,such as the Foden
S90 46V026R3009 FH70 6x6 Artillery Tractor and the Heavy Recovery Vehicle - HRV version.

The Foden S90 56R070CAT4509 is believed to be left-hand-drive,it was built in 1974 and operated by:-

Westwood Lane,
Normandy,
Guildford,
Surrey,
GU3 2JG.

Foden S90 56R070CAT4509,S90 Military Sleeper-Cabbed,Caterpillar 3408,18-Litre,V8,450 BHP Diesel-Engined,Wreckers International Recovery-Equipped,6x4 Heavy Recovery Vehicle.1974.Fuller 15-Speed Gearbox,40-Ton Hub Reduction. Foden.4#

Foden S90 56R070CAT4509,S90 Military Sleeper-Cabbed,Caterpillar 3408,18-Litre,V8,450 BHP Diesel-Engined,Wreckers International Recovery-Equipped,6x4 Heavy Recovery Vehicle.1974.Fuller 15-Speed Gearbox,40-Ton Hub Reduction. Foden.1#

NOTE: I’m not sure about this lorry’s GTW = Gross Train Weight,I’ve estimated it,but it could well be higher or lower :slight_smile:

VALKYRIE

Last time I looked here your post wasn’t here V. Thanks for sorting. Still an ugly n Dean :unamused:

VALKYRIE:

Rolfkerkhof:
Hi,

Skane:

Regards

Rolf

Westwood Lane,
Normandy,
Guildford,
Surrey,
GU3 2JG.

Foden S90 56R070CAT4509,S90 Military Sleeper-Cabbed,Caterpillar 3408,18-Litre,V8,450 BHP Diesel-Engined,Wreckers International Recovery-Equipped,6x4 Heavy Recovery Vehicle.1974…

VALKYRIE

Did this recovery operator buy it new?

[ZB]
Anorak:

VALKYRIE:

Rolfkerkhof:
Hi,

Did this recovery operator buy it new? :question:

TruckNetUK . Old Time Lorries . Fodens. Page 32 . Foden S90 56R070CAT4509 6x4 Heavy Recovery Vehicle - HRV . VALKYRIE .Tuesday,26th March,2019.

As far as I know this Foden S90 56R070CAT4509 6x4 Heavy Recovery Vehicle - HRV was a one-off custom-built lorry,built by Foden at its
Elworth Works factory,Sandbach,then sold by Foden to All Recovery & Repair Ltd. But of course it could have had one or two other owners
before being bought and operated by All Recovery & Repair Ltd :slight_smile:

VALKYRIE

VALKYRIE:
As far as I know this Foden S90 56R070CAT4509 6x4 Heavy Recovery Vehicle - HRV was a one-off custom-built lorry,built by Foden at its
Elworth Works factory,Sandbach,then sold by Foden to All Recovery & Repair Ltd. But of course it could have had one or two other owners
before being bought and operated by All Recovery & Repair Ltd :slight_smile:

VALKYRIE

Ta for the info Mr.V.

Shame to see it decaying in the field. Surely someone would enjoy preserving such an impressive machine? S90 cabs were standard military issue, so I would e pect there to be a few lying around.

FB_IMG_1553952380079.jpg
From the ridiculous to the sublime?

FB_IMG_1554206015742.jpg
Best looker for me.nmp off fb

FB_IMG_1555587332137.jpg
Nice

I’ve seen 2 Fodens today both 4000 series. The first has been parked on a layby near Easingwold on the A19 , it’s a maroon fairground unit and it looks in good condition , it has been there a while.
The second i see regularily around Yorkshire , an 8 wheeler and trailer flat brick wagon and it’s immaculate in white and blue .I think it’s a V registration so it could be one of the last ones

coomsey:
Nice

I believe I am correct in saying that this unit was new in 1970 to a Milnthorpe O/D called John Looker I never knew him but I believe he mainly subbed for John G Russell ( Purple Jock). Cheers Bewick.

Bewick:

coomsey:
Nice

I believe I am correct in saying that this unit was new in 1970 to a Milnthorpe O/D called John Looker I never knew him but I believe he mainly subbed for John G Russell ( Purple Jock). Cheers Bewick.

It has the ‘stroker’ engine in that. They bring a couple of trucks and a few tractors down to Newark Tractor show each November and collected a Gascoigne cast iron baseplate for me from the North East and delivered it to me at Newark. Haulage rate for the job (seeing as how I’m a poor pensioner) was very acceptable! :wink:

Pete.

windrush:

Bewick:

coomsey:
Nice

It has the ‘stroker’ engine in that. They bring a couple of trucks and a few tractors down to Newark Tractor show each November and collected a Gascoigne cast iron baseplate for me from the North East and delivered it to me at Newark. Haulage rate for the job (seeing as how I’m a poor pensioner) was very acceptable! :wink:

Pete.

Has that got a fishtail exhaust pipe?

Could have knocked a few more milk bottles over with that down Buntingford High Street. :unamused: