Fodens.

I’ve not seen that Bennett’s photo before :open_mouth:

Punchy Dan:

I wonder if that was Rotherham based ? Rather than at the quarry .

Punchy Dan:

Punchy Dan:

I wonder if that was Rotherham based ? Rather than at the quarry .

Off F B poster said Rotherham

FB_IMG_1547728209305.jpg
Another beaut off F B.

FB_IMG_1547996261409.jpg

s-l400.jpg

FB_IMG_1551166374834.jpg
Proper motor! nmp

Craig Porter pics. Working motors always the best. You must know this crowd Larry!

larry this has an north east reg do you know who it belonged too photos taken from another site copyright unknown

Foden ##2 (1).jpg

Foden ##2 (2).jpg

The Foden with the North East Reg. Could it be TREMBLE`S Demolition ■■?

Cheers pushrod47

Foden with a Foden

“coomsey” whats the crack with this one then chap ! I dont remember seeing one with the large front like this before ?

Is it because its an export model with a large radiator for hot climates ■■ :unamused:

foden export model.PNG

DEANB:
“coomsey” whats the crack with this one then chap ! I dont remember seeing one with the large front like this before ?

Is it because its an export model with a large radiator for hot climates ■■ :unamused:

Hi Dean,
Allegedly it had a Gardner 240 fitted, big grill so the back 2 pots never stuck out from behind the cab, some Guy Motor’s chassis used the same configuration apparently!

pete smith:

DEANB:

Hi Dean,
Allegedly it had a Gardner 240 fitted, big grill so the back 2 pots never stuck out from behind the cab, some Guy Motor’s chassis used the same configuration apparently!

Ooh you little monkey Pete! You’re probably right Dean, but must be one hell of a rad in there! Ain’t half ugly though. On the ugly thing, have you thought of setting a topic off with ugly motors? you’ve posted some ghastly things over the past.cheers coomsey

My first wagon at Econofreight was a bit like that, though not quite so ugly, because it had an 8LXB in it.

Spardo:
My first wagon at Econofreight was a bit like that, though not quite so ugly, because it had an 8LXB in it.

Reckon that one’s got a 9LXB in her Spardo :smiley:

The foden in the picture was a one off build , I don’t know the exact history but I ended up as a wrecker and it had a 3408 cat v8 @ 450 hp ( Yes a v8 CAT ) it was at the Bloxham steam fair quite a few years ago now . I think I’m correct in saying most of the extended front grill was for the radiator and ancillary equipment as the engine was around 18litres

skane:
The foden in the picture was a one off build , I don’t know the exact history but I ended up as a wrecker and it had a 3408 cat v8 @ 450 hp ( Yes a v8 CAT ) it was at the Bloxham steam fair quite a few years ago now . I think I’m correct in saying most of the extended front grill was for the radiator and ancillary equipment as the engine was around 18litres

Interesting Skane. In my ignorant head I’d have thought the cab would have gone up not out!! Do you know what box she had? Cheers Coomsey

I don’t now about the gearbox as I believe the foden 12speed limit was around 335 to 350 hp , but it did have the 30 ton rated rear foden hub reduction axles ,it was operated in the guilford area ,it is for sale on the foden society Web site but the cab has succumbed to the weather badly and the body would need some major work .

coomsey:

Spardo:

Reckon that one’s got a 9LXB in her Spardo :smiley:

Can we see a picture of one Coomsey,lol,lol!?

David