Fodens.

Lucky for you that the smoke signals failed Dan, my invoice would have scared you even more than those prices!!! :open_mouth: :laughing: Seems a weak point, the two L10’s I had broke studs several times.

Pete.

windrush:
Lucky for you that the smoke signals failed Dan, my invoice would have scared you even more than those prices!!! :open_mouth: :laughing: Seems a weak point, the two L10’s I had broke studs several times.

Pete.

Lancs ey ? I reckon you were up ■■■■■■■ ,I did see smoke rising in the n/w ,you were pumping smoke up old man Denzil :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Punchy Dan:

windrush:

Pete.

Lancs ey ? I reckon you were up ■■■■■■■ ,I did see smoke rising in the n/w ,you were pumping smoke up old man Denzil :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Just back from Appleby Dan’l and parked up, where were you then ? short of a bit diesel money or what ? Missed you round the camp fire at night, but the roast hedgehog wasn’t 'alf tasty ! Oh! well maybe next year ! Cheers Denz’l :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Punchy Dan:

Didn’t go quite that far North this time Dan, just had a week in ‘our’ usual cottage on the moors near Darwen to chill out a bit before heading across to our ‘other cottage’ at Burton Leonard for a further week. Then we popped down to Oswestry yesterday for a few days, blooming hard work this retirement lark, I don’t know how poor old Denzil stands the pace at his time of life to be honest! :confused: :laughing:

Pete.

Bewick:

Punchy Dan:

windrush:

Pete.

Just back from Appleby Dan’l and parked up, where were you then ? short of a bit diesel money or what ? Missed you round the camp fire at night, but the roast hedgehog wasn’t 'alf tasty ! Oh! well maybe next year ! Cheers Denz’l :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: exposed you again Denz’l :wink:

London based…L717/718 YBC

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I wonder what weight they ran at with only having the small engine, my eight legger had a 335 in it running at 31 tonnes gross?

Pete.

windrush:
I wonder what weight they ran at with only having the small engine, my eight legger had a 335 in it running at 31 tonnes gross?

Pete.

We never ran much over 32 ton…eto t/s helped it along a bit

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

This is still working in Isle of Man.
All Insituform vehicles over here had Stockport reg plates but are Manx registered now.

foden1.jpg

Foden DX04BVS: Photographed yesterday on the A584.
(W E Taylor & Sons - Fairground ride on Trailer).

Foden steam truck.

Click on pages twice to read.

Not many 6 axle artics on British roads in the mid '60s. I wonder what this trailer was built for?

pb.JPG
I found the photo here:
flickr.com/photos/89542201@ … 3299782998
Those albums are superb.

Bit of a Bruiser :sunglasses: Chris

035.JPG

33668392015_9c626c6843.jpg

Take your pick! NMP

image.jpeg
18 litre cat 575 ,very tempted :smiley: ,would make the Foden shift .

Rusty Iron truck show, Macksville NSW, September 2018. Not my picture.

Star down under.:
Rusty Iron truck show, Macksville NSW, September 2018. Not my picture.

Ye gods SDU! What engine, s in her? 12sp box?